Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For Gs 300 Chrome Grill

There's no need to go to that guy... His name is Steve and all he does is Hustle people... You can do the same thing he does. I don't know if your aware of this but under the black paint on the grill is chrome.. All you have to do is strip the black paint off and your set...

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe I'm the only Lec in the country with a chrome grill!?

Anyway, I was all for buying one from Steve at Lexusgrill.com but the price was awful with the carriage from the USA to the Uk. So I decided to take the DIY route as much reccomended by my fellow US owners.

Unfurtunatley I couldn't use the stripper brands that are common over there. So I got the UK equivelets. Got home grinning in anticipation. Fast forward THREE NIGHTS of wearing a breathing mask against the dangerous fumes (really bad) and having to do it outside where it's ventilated, in the cold, trying to scrape between the ruts the stripper goos (tries a few) even melted the toothbrushes, scrapers, my industrial gloves allsorts and eventually the plastic grill went soggy too (and lexus quoted me about £215 for a new grill I think) so I decided enough is enough. Rinsed it off etc.

Now my car has that bling-bling look, all chrome, it looks DAPPER but if you get up real close, less than 1 metre away (no-one notices but I and real nitpickers) you see it's not perfectly shiny chrome between all of the grills.

I remember swearing even if someone paid me £300 I would refuse to do theirs. If someone wants to offer £400 I'll consider it, send me your grill and give me a week !

So my advice: If you just want to "chrome" the fronts of each slat you can do it in an hour with little effot with the right goo and tool.

If you want it entirley chrome, get the goo they used on the US site or buy from steve or on eBay there is another guy.

would be interested in seeing pics of that

I tried to strip mine and found out there was no chrome underneath... so gave up (not a GS)

However, as mine is metal i could have it chromed properly.. or gold plated by midas.