Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 250/220

I have one of these on order (220d base with MM), but was a bit concerned about how the fabric wears...

The Ecsaine always wore well, but the new cloth is "shiny" in the centre squab and centre backrest, with a knotted embroidered design...It feels silky and fragile...

I was wondering if anyone has one of these now and how the material is wearing (i.e. has it started to get "stretchy", or some of the enbroidery getting damaged, pulled etc).

I have one of these on order (220d base with MM), but was a bit concerned about how the fabric wears...

The Ecsaine always wore well, but the new cloth is "shiny" in the centre squab and centre backrest, with a knotted embroidered design...It feels silky and fragile...

I was wondering if anyone has one of these now and how the material is wearing (i.e. has it started to get "stretchy", or some of the enbroidery getting damaged, pulled etc).

bit early to tell i would have thought

if there are problems with the seats after 1 month, it would mean toyota has made one huge mistake, and there not known for making mistakes

bit early to tell i would have thought

if there are problems with the seats after 1 month, it would mean toyota has made one huge mistake, and there not known for making mistakes

I am nervous...dunno if I have done the right thing...

Like I say, they look fragile, and I am sure that any problems will start early...

People keep going on about Lexus quality, but you have to see the material. Whilst it looks good, it looks "thin" and silky, the sort that could fray from where the embroidery is...

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to fit seat covers as the built in seat airbags, if they go off, would have nowhere to go.

Apparently some have on other models, without thinking  :)

I never would...even without the airbags it would be shame to sit on Zebra colours when you just spent £25oddK! :lol:

But can you imagine what would happen if you had a crash...and your airbags exploded inside the covers...

:offtopic:

I once saw someone with a velcro'd mobilephone in the middle of their steering wheel, over the airbag! It was a taxi! Can you imagine the paramedic trying to extract the phone... :sick: