Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Eyeball At Is250

nicnac

Just got back from first look in the flesh at the IS250 in my local showroom.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks 10 times better than I thought ......from pictures

I have booked a demo for a few hours in january as were a bit behind here .

I went up with a friend who also has a IS200.He now wants to buy MINE so it looks

like Ill be going for the IS250 in the new year...hopefully the exec auto with nav/media.....a cool €60.000 here in Ireland

rgds

Nick :D

Not seen one in the flesh yet. Not overly keen on the exterior however it seems to be full of gadgets as the others have stated. Wait till i see one then i will make my mind up completely.

Nicnac isnt 60,000euros over priced?

@PIP,

I think you will change your mind about the outside when you walk up to one....heck I even liked the rear light clusters which I was sure I wuld not.As for the prices....we get screwed in Ireland with 30% Vehicle Registration Tax so a £30.000 motor in UK becomes a £40,000 motor here which is roughly €60.000.

LEXUS EXEC AUTO(Your SE).....€54,325

MEDIA PACK...........................€ 5,435

Metalic ...................................€ 1,050

€60,810 TOTAL

@PIP,

I think you will change your mind about the outside when you walk up to one....heck I even liked the rear light clusters which I was sure I wuld not.As for the prices....we get screwed in Ireland with 30% Vehicle Registration Tax so a £30.000 motor in UK becomes a £40,000 motor here which is roughly €60.000.

LEXUS EXEC AUTO(Your SE).....€54,325

MEDIA PACK...........................€  5,435

Metalic ...................................€  1,050

€60,810 TOTAL

Until I read your post, I thought that the IS250 was far too expensive back here in France, but looks like it is even worse for you.

LEXUS IS250 Pack EXECUTIVE (fully loaded) AUTO : € 46.600

MEDIA PACK & ML..................................................€ included

Metalic..................................................................€ has always been included for all Lexus models

However, I test drove it and was quite disappointed by the 2.5 V6 engine, other than that, it is a superb car.

:driving:

well been living with teh IS250 for 2 months now. i dont regret a bit of it, everytime i come up to it, i admire the muscular bulge from the rear to the front door, and once washed, the black gleams beautifully. In terms of power, speed and handling. The automatic paddle shifters are so smooth and yet with enough grunt, if you need to race from one traffic light to another...*grin*

Popped into the dealer this afternoon, and gotta say the quality and attention to detail is outstanding :D

Looks far better in the flesh than in pictures, that front bumper is much deeper than it appears to be

Only things that bothered me a little, were the huge mirrors that still look like an afterthought (despite the salesman going on about airflow), and the velcro flaps to hide the ISOFIX fixings - good idea to stop kids putting their fingers in there, but not that nice to look at, and finally the boot still not being properly sprung - no idea why they can't put dampers on :angry:

All in all tho, very nice, wish I had one :whistling:

what velcro flaps????????????for what ISOFIX fixings>>>

If you look at the bottom of the seat backrest on this photo, you'll see what I'm talking about. That is a flap (stuck with velcro) that has the fixings for an isofix child seat behind it

87.jpg

I know they had good intentions, but seems to detract from the air of quality the rest of the car gives off :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links