Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Washers On With Windscreen Washers?

Well, bit of a weird one ........... first I thought I was going mad, and was seing things, buy after actually trying it out I wasn't going mad ........... !

EXAMPLE:

Start the car up

Lights are on (auto)

Press the windscreen washer button

Windscreen washers come on

So do the headlight washers !!

Press the windscreen washer button again, only the windscreen washes ......

Keep pressing it ..... again only the windscreen washes !!

If I turn the car off ............ and turn it back on ............ and repeat that procedure, the headlights will wash , just the once again !!

Is this normal, or is my car just weird like me ............. ? :D

nope jsut checked my car and mine only washes headlights when i push the button nothing else gets washed??

I'm pressing the Windscreen washer mate ... not the headlamp washers !

depends what year/model of car - topic been covered before

Has it ? :yawn:

It's a 2001 / IS300.

Yeah mine does the same, I will wash the lights and the windows the first time the button is pressed but the windows are washed alone for a while then the light will be washed again.

There seens to be some time delay before the lights are washed again but the times is reset when the ignitions is turned off.

David :)

P.s. 2001 IS300 as well

My 2001 IS does the headlamps along with the windscreen about once in every 4 or 5 "squirts" only if the headlights are on. (There's no "auto" setting on the European IS except for the Scandanavian market where apparently [so I've been LED to understand] auto lighting is a legal requirement.)

My RX400h does this as well.. but it's about one in every 3 squirts it does the headlights as well.

Leland

As far as I recall this is one of the looney Euro regs associated with HID lighting, same as the requirement for self levelling. I think there is a belief that the glare from HIDs is exacerbated by dirty glasss.

As far as I recall this is one of the looney Euro regs associated with HID lighting, same as the requirement for self levelling. I think there is a belief that the glare from HIDs is exacerbated by dirty glasss.

Perhaps.. but my IS200 (like those of several others that this pertains to) doesn't have HID lighting. (The RX does though).

L.