Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xbox How To Set-up?

whitie

I'm goning to be setting up a mates Xbox in the next few days and wondered if anyone could give some tips like:

1. Is the cable from the XBox to the PC a Cross-over or staight through connection

2. Do you need to set up the IP address on the XBox

3. do you need to configure the 2nd NIC on the PC?

TIA

I'm assuming that you just have the Xbox and PC (ie no network or router already set up):

1. Cross over

2. Yes, same subnet as PC and using the PCs IP address as it's gateway.

3. Yes, it should be on the same subnet as the Xbox. Also remember to share the internet connection!

I didn't need to do any of that on mine. Crossover cable from the PC to the Xbox, enable ICS, job done. The Xbox should just then pick it up as a normal internet connection and set itself up. At least thats what it did for me.

I didn't need to do any of that on mine. Crossover cable from the PC to the Xbox, enable ICS, job done. The Xbox should just then pick it up as a normal internet connection and set itself up. At least thats what it did for me.

Ta. Wasn't sure if it needed a cross over like a PC would. The rest of the Q's are so I don't have to spend to much time there!! :P