Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Blue Leds

well as the stereo and aircon panel are now blue LED lit i have started on the electric window controls and lock buttons in the doors the drivers side is now done without much fuss (and one burnt finger) the window controls are as the aircon panel all LED to start with so its just a straight replacement will be cracking on with the other doors tomorrow then i may well attempt the auto change lights next to the gearstick.

I am also pondering changing the bulbs over the licence plates but is it legal to have blue lights over them ?

I am also pondering changing the bulbs over the licence plates but is it legal to have blue lights over them ?

Blue LEDs over the plates will only be visible when not illuminated by the lights from a following vehicle so....it's illegal but hardly worth bothering with

Blue LEDs over the plates will only be visible when not illuminated by the lights from a following vehicle so....it's illegal but hardly worth bothering with

just a little addendum i have now replaced all the leds in the window switches and door lock buttons if anyone else is considering this then 3mm LEDs are the way to go 5mm are slightly too big and make it awkward to fit without jiggery pokery

Gear change panel next :duh:

You must post some piccy's when you have completed this mod Austin.

Sounds interesting.

Any tips on how to go about it ? Is it just a case of de-soldering old bulbs and resoldering new?

theres a couple of pics on other posts i did when i was doing the aircon and stereo

the aircon and switches are easy as they are just straight LED swaps i used 5mm 5000mcd blue LEDs for everything but if i did it again (which i may well do as i have a spare aircon console) i would use 3mm LEDs to make it easier also for the window switches to avoid it being difficult the 3mm size is the way ahead.

As to the stereo that was a bit of a nightmare as the stereo uses bulbs rather than LEDs so u have to solder the resistors in with the leds (i still have some to do on the stereo)

haven't got into the gear change surround yet but i will let u know what fits and what doesnt

will post up some so far pics shortly

• 4 months later...
Nice One Legend - looking forward to the pics as I wanted to do the door switches and ones by the s/wheel. :)

i've removed the pics now to post other ones lol

the switches aren't hard to do but go for 3mm LEDs you have to solder resistors in as well on the door switches and the other steering ones are a matter of pulling the bulb from the holder and then wrapping an LED and a resistor around it its a bit tricky but it does work

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links