Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adding Footwell Lighting

Hi

I am thinking about adding some footwell lighting to my IS, working of the interior roof light or door lights so comes on when doors are open etc.

Has anybody done this? if so where did you get the lights from and where did you connect too?

Thanks in advance.

:D

Hi

I am thinking about adding some footwell lighting to my IS, working of the interior roof light or door lights so comes on when doors are open etc.

Has anybody done this?  if so where did you get the lights from and where did you connect too?

Thanks in advance.

do IS's not have footwell lamps then :hehe: just a thought but aren't the buttons that operate the lights on the door hinge side a bit closer to the footwell

Hi

Has anybody done this?  if so where did you get the lights from and where did you connect too?

Thanks in advance.

just a thought but aren't the buttons that operate the lights on the door hinge side a bit closer to the footwell

Indeed they are and these are the ones i'll tap into, just trying to find some suitable fittings. Preferably something quite subtle. BUT NO NEONS!! :crying:

Try this site...

Ultra Leds

I've considered this myself for the front footwells. High up on the sidewall (front wheel well) would be a good location to cast a nice downlight and be accesible to the door open/close switch.

Let me know how you get on. It's too cold to do this at the moment. Summer job me thinks.

Try this site...

Ultra Leds

I've considered this myself for the front footwells.  High up on the sidewall (front wheel well) would be a good location to cast a nice downlight and be accesible to the door open/close switch.

Let me know how you get on.  It's too cold to do this at the moment.  Summer job me thinks.

I no you said no neons but cant you get white ones there very easy to get hold of as eBay is littered with them

Just had a thought, I really need to take a feed off the Roof Mounted Courtesy Light, that way both footwells will light at once when any door is opened (which is what I want) taking a feed off the door light would only mean one side would light up etc.

The additional bonus being that I take it that the courtesy light is on a relay delay?

Anybody know where I can trace the feeds too in the drivers / passengers footwell, and what the maximum loading is for the 2no. additional lights.

Keep those links coming too of led'S etc. your all a great help - thankyou

I've put in cold cathode ray tubes in my footwells.

I intentionally didn't wire it up to the door or moon light switches, simply because I liked the idea of being able to have them on whenever I wanted.

The tubes I got are for modding PC cases - get them from Ebuyer

Just takes a 12v feed.

D.

Just ordered some "normal" Ford footwell courtesy lights, I did this becuase i don't want anything to "rude boy" :P (and they were cheap, and I mean cheap)

Anybody know what colour wires / pin positions I should be looking for for the dome light (roof light) - as I want tap into the feed for the Dimming effect.

Thanks for your help.

I've put in cold cathode ray tubes in my footwells.

I intentionally didn't wire it up to the door or moon light switches, simply because I liked the idea of being able to have them on whenever I wanted.

The tubes I got are for modding PC cases - get them from Ebuyer

Just takes a 12v feed.

D.

CRT .. hahah :D can u watch tv with em too? ....

DJG ... many of my buds who drive altezzas have installed this. In the front foot wells and also beneath the front seats so that its visible from the rear seats. I think its a kit that is sold from a local shop. However, the coloring is like neon blue .... which isnt the xenon-like white color that some pps were mentioning above.

if u want me to ask em ... just pm me or somethin. I dont think its expensive .... cos so many ppl i know put them on! i think i can be activated by the doors and/or by a switch.

Normal 'Ford' lights ordered from Ford?  Or elsewhere?  Does this include the housing unit?

No idea about the wiring, but there are some very clever people on here that should be able to help.

The ones that I bought include the full housing and wiring, its a very neat light and can be easy attached within the footwells (somewhere) - they are from the old ulitma (brand new though).

Like you say i'm hoping somebody can direct me to the dome light feed colours etc.

@ Bernard - Didn't want anything to bright just subtle really, did find some Neons but just couldn't bring myself to buy them :sick:

• 1 year later...
just connect the feed to the dome light

That great mate :D But wha colours are you tapping into and are both the footwell lights OK to connect to the pair or wires off the Dome light?

I been reading up and will do the same simple mod myself depending upon the the info recieved.. :whistling:

Cheers,

Dibslpg

the ones I have came with a relay so you power them through an additional power feed, the dome or door light is only used as a command

For the wire color, I have no idea, it is one of the 2 going to the bulb :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links