Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Multimedia

In a previous post I said that I would copy some of my MP3's onto a DVD for playback on a home DVD system and share the results.

Well I have just done that, and guess what? My £26 Pacific DVD player (***** 5 star quality for the price, from ASDA) can play them!!

Therefore, "me suspects" that the OS/DVD driver for the Multimedia system is configured not to allow MP3 over DVD, and I bet a hack will come out soon enough...

So come on you clever techie types, do your thing :shifty: ! It saves us having to buy an iPod! :huh:

A question -

does anyone know what "make" the new IS Multimedia is (please don't reply "Lexus")? Is it made by Alpine, Grundig, Sony, Panasonic, Clarion.....?

I suspect it will be japanese manufactured (:doh:)...I have just checked www.videohelp.com, but could do with knowing who it's made by...

:huh: i think it is mark levinson  but i could be wrong :shutit:

:tomato:

I was just walking up the stairs thinking...."...someone gonna say ML..."

But I'm sure he had better things to do (like making the acoustics sound good with decent speakers and amps etc...)....

Anyway, if anyone knows, please post. If I remember correctly the Old IS had a Panasonic system...

• 2 weeks later...

The system is made by Denso, who also make a number of navigation systems for other car manufacturers.

Mark Levinson is a brand name, now owned by Harman Kardon, and licenced to others. The real Mark Levinson now runs a hi fi builder called Red Rose.

In a previous post I said that I would copy some of my MP3's onto a DVD for playback on a home DVD system and share the results.

Well I have just done that, and guess what? My £26 Pacific DVD player (***** 5 star quality for the price, from ASDA) can play them!!

Therefore, "me suspects" that the OS/DVD driver for the Multimedia system is configured not to allow MP3 over DVD, and I bet a hack will come out soon enough...

So come on you clever techie types, do your thing :shifty: ! It saves us having to buy an iPod! :huh:

This website may have useful info http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/. I am keen to load MP3s on DVD, so that tracks can be selected via the MM screen rather than on the iPod circle thingy. I plan to send ML an email and will let you know if I find out anything.

The system is made by Denso, who also make a number of navigation systems for other car manufacturers.

Mark Levinson is a brand name, now owned by Harman Kardon, and licenced to others. The real Mark Levinson now runs a hi fi builder called Red Rose.

Just Googled Mark Levinson and Red Rose - $50,000 for a speaker!!!!!!!!!! Are they taking the :tsktsk: !

Cheers chaps,

I have looked at the web site and when you click on the "IS" link it definately states DVD Video and DVD Audio...

Tony - will be interesting to see what you get back...

The DVD player does play DVD Audio, this is not the same as a DVD with MP3's on it. DVD Audio is the same as CD Audio (standard uncompressed sound tracks) but obviously with more capacity.

I am still waiting for an answer on whether any DVD formats with MP3 files will work in the Mark Lev system. So far the computers says NO ! :mat:

Cheers chaps,

I have looked at the web site and when you click on the "IS" link it definately states DVD Video and DVD Audio...

Tony - will be interesting to see what you get back...

DVD audio is completley different ( and fabulous incidentally :D ) to a DVD loaded with mp3s - so just 'cos the manual / dealer says it will play DVD audio is not relevant

My home system (denon) will play DVD audio and SACD (similar things) and they do sound great compared to "regular" CDs