Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat-nav Updates - A Few Questions From A Newbie

Hi Guys,

Just bought my first Lexux, a V reg IS200 sport, can't wait to pick it up next week. It's got the VCD-based Navigator system in it. Yummy!

The forums look very impressive btw - already got a load of answers from it! I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the sat-nav updates.

My dealer has said he will stick the latest CD in it - can anyone tell me what the latest CD version is and when it was released?

Does anyone know when the next one is due out? I saw a thread which suggested this month or in January.

Are they really only updated every three years or was my dealer having a laff?

Also, someone mentioned getting a CD from Europe at half the price - anyone know of a web site where they can be bought on line?

Last but one, does anyone know if it is possible to update the sat-nav software to refelect newer functionality? I understand the newer ones are a bit more feature-rich. I'm assuming a new CD won't upgrade the features..

Lastly, is it really as good as it sounds?

Thanks for your help guys.

Paul

Hi Paul - welcome to the Club

I think the latest version is 3.05 - you can call Lexus Customer Services on 0845 278 8888 for a definite answer.

As far as I'm aware, you cannot update the software apart from some of the stuff that comes with the new disk anyway (there's generally a few tweaks).

New versions seem to come out about every 18 months

I'd be very surprised if you could buy a UK CD from anywhere in mainland Europe.

As yes - it is a brilliant piece of kit

Have fun!!

Cool, thanks mate - can't wait to try out some sat-navving - on test drive it got me from the dealer to my office perfectly, if it's as good as that all the time, i'll be very hp.

I have to say, the car they wrap around the sat-nav system seems pretty good as well!!! ;-)

Have a good weekend, thanks for your reply..

Paul

Hi Paul,

There will be a new CD available from January according to Lexus GB. The cost will be around £ 160. Maybe you could get your dealer to throw in that one as mapping changes quite a bit between issues - new estates, one-way systems and so on.

The Lexus system is great inasmuch as it will always get you there. The choice of route can sometimes be illogical.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be very surprised if you could buy a UK CD from anywhere in mainland Europe.

Huh ? Why not ?

You can buy benelux, france, germany, auswit Cd's in the UK.

So why not the other way round ?

Dug out an old (Nov 99) German price list - all CD's (inc UK) at 152euro inc vat .. about 100quid.

I think they've dropped a bit since then - as they have in the UK ...

From 235quid a year or so ago to the current 160 - is that inc vat ?? doubt it :)