Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Following my query concerning a petrol smell on my GS300 MKI, it turned out as some of you suggested (many thanks for that) that one of the fuel lines was corroded, about 3 inches from its union with the flexible part of the line by the tank. My local Lexus dealer suggested replacement of all the fuel lines requiring dropping the sub-frames. This they informed me would be two days work. I dread to think what the cost would have been; my guess is around £1,000. When I balked at this idea, they suggested that they could cut back the hard line and replace it with an extended flexible hose for £140. I said that I would get back to them and went to a good independent garage who have just done the job for £32.25. However splendid the quality of service from Lexus, it is wise to take their quotes with a pinch of salt!

Lexus might be perfect for your new to 3 year old model. For members with older cars, getting quotes from Lexus just does not make practical sense. That's why some folks call them stealers!

Thanks for the tip dude!

Lexus might be perfect for your new to 3 year old model. For members with older cars, getting quotes from Lexus just does not make practical sense. That's why some folks call them stealers!

Thanks for the tip dude!

Definitely agree. Lexus's aren't made of anything special; in fact my MOT man said the suspension, for example, was quite straight forward. Basic things like Brakes, balljoints etc, can be done by a competent mechanic, much cheaper.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links