Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Light Steering After Flat Battery

Anees

Hi guys,

Last Thursday my Car Battery died. (My fault again - not comments needed :tomato: :P )

My Car PC power supply turn its self on at night and drained the Battery - its a fault with it! Now been replaced. Called the RAC out and got sorted again.

Since the Battery was dead the ECU must have reset too. Now the steering feels light, like it did when I first bought the car. Since I have coilovers, TTE Antiroll bars, Chasis braces etc I prefered the steering heavier. It had more feel. Car felt tight.

Can I assume that with the flat Battery, the ECU must have reset and I now have to give the ECU time to acustom itself to the uprated suspension goodies?

When the Battery went flat perviously I usually had to wait about two weeks for the steering to go "heavy" again.

Thanks,

Anees :D

I didn't think there was an adaptive steering ?

What power supply was you using mate?

OPUS 150W, I think yours is 90W :D

The place I returned it said that its most likely caused by a short which damaged the start-up controller on the PSU and caused it to just remain ON. :o

The IS200 does have speed sensitive steering. It gets heavier on Motorways and lighter at lower speeds.

The IS200 does have speed sensitive steering. It gets heavier on Motorways and lighter at lower speeds.

Yes, I know that mate......

but you was reffering is to 'adapting' to the springs / coils etc ? as in ......... learning the setup of your car ? :blink:

Just like an auto learns the driving style ......... ?

but you was reffering is to 'adapting' to the springs / coils etc ? as in ......... learning the setup of your car ? :blink:

Sorry Ahmet - missed the smilie :)

The first time I drained the Battery and the ECU was reset, it only took a few days for the steering to go "stiff" again.....

Sorry Ahmet - missed the smilie :)

The first time I drained the Battery and the ECU was reset, it only took a few days for the steering to go "stiff" again.....

So, are you driving about with a ''stiff one'' Anees :lol:

I would be very very surprised if a flat Battery will cause any "memory losses" related to the steering system as it is normally a mechanical system. I even doubt that there is any electronic inputs for the speed, 99% sure it is a mechanical limiter.

maybe your imagination?

I would be very very surprised if a flat battery will cause any "memory losses" related to the steering system as it is  normally a mechanical system.  I even doubt that there is any electronic  inputs for the speed, 99% sure it is a mechanical limiter.

maybe your imagination?

:lol: Or maybe I am getting stronger? :lol:

Driven it today and it definetly feels abit firmer then it did yesterday. I remember Geoff mentioned a while back that their could be something related to the steering in the ECU, because of the way it goes heavier and lighter depening on the speed. Anyway, seems to be getting back to normal now.... :D