Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!

kam05

Hope everyone's had a good xmas.

Got back from Ikea 2 hours ago and the car won't start now, car is making a tick over sound but engine isn't firing up. Have reset the ECU, no luck, something has drained the Battery. Haven't left the lights or a/c on......can't figure out whats drained the Battery, headlights keep flashing though......

what could it be..........faulty Battery or alternator?

is this a job for lexus?

Hope everyone's had a good xmas.

Got back from Ikea 2 hours ago and the car won't start now, car is making a tick over sound but engine isn't firing up. Have reset the ECU, no luck, something has drained the battery.  Haven't left the lights or a/c on......can't figure out whats drained the battery, headlights keep flashing though......

what could it be..........faulty battery or alternator?

is this a job for lexus?

How old (or new) is the Battery? They normally last 3 - 5 years

Right guys,

Jumped started the car on boxing day (when problem originally occured), Battery meter was showing level at 9v, so took the car for a good spin to charge up the Battery, started up the car next morning- started without any problems- have now been running the car daily since this problem without any problems, starts up fine on 1st turn and Battery meter is showing at 12v, as normal.

Can't figure out what caused this?????

@ Monster-Mat: the lights weren't set to auto like you suggested.....

Maybe my car doesn't like shopping trips to Ikea???

if it was a fast tick tick sound, the battery was dead. if the car is sat for a few days esp outside is it difficult to start?

if so the battery needs to be replaced.  if the car is used daily you can get away with it for a while, but with the cold weather it will kill any battery that is on the way out.

Im having a similar problem. Ive decided i want a Bosch Silver as someone suggested them on another post. Only problem is I cant find the specific Bosch Silver i need for my 1999 IS200. Even the Bosch www wasnt of any use. Does anyone know the specif Bosch model or item code so i can order it online.... im gonna try putting it in myself!

Thanks

i have the bosch silver, go to a bosch dealer they have the number in the system but be aware that bosch list 2 numbers for the IS200 - one has the +ve terminal on the left, one on the right! make sure you get the correct one or it wont fit properly

Guys,

Problems back and this is what is happening. I've driven the car with the headlights on, before I switch the engine off i switch off the headlights. Then when i turn the engine off the headlights come back on, I haven't switched the headlights on when the engine isn't running. I think that the headlamp relay is faulty, so i'm gonna look at get another one. I have removed the headlamp relay and the Battery doesn't drain, but as soon as the headlamp relay goes back in, it kills the Battery.

Anyone know what else I could check? Also how much is a headlamp relay gonna set me back?

its the headlight relay, someone here had the same a while ago. cant remember the cost of the relay but it wasnt expensive

Just ordered a new headlight relay from Lexus, £55! :crybaby:

£55  your having a laugh !  go to your local motor factors and order one from there - def wont be £55!!!  take your old one.

if u have if out the car post the numbers etc written on it

I know its a lot for a relay,but £55 isn't coming out of my pocket, my company (where I work) is gonna pay, since I don't get a company car, work pay for my servicing and repairs etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

This is my first time on this forum and can I say everyone is very helpfull. Regards to the relay I have a similar problem which is their is a buzzing sound from the headlight relay and my headlight sometime stay on until I start the car and then it goes off when I turn off the engineand looking at the forums it is definetly the relay. I found one from a place in halifax who will deliver it next day for £38 delivered rather than a quote from delaers of £65 + Vat.