Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400h? Or Ls430?

Hi there

I currently own a jag x type 3.0l (4wd). I am now thinking of changing the x type to either an ls430 or 400h and can not decide which one!. I have around 35k to spend on the car so would be looking at second hand cars for both. Could you guys give me some advice please?

I love the refinement of the ls430. I would be looking at the latest model (with Bluetooth etc). As for the 400h, I would be looking for the se-l edition. What would be the benefits of each car over the other? As I mention the refinement and ride quality of the LS stands out for me, but the RX Se-l seems to come close? Added to the fact that I would prefer a 4wd car. I know that it is not permenent 4wd, and was wondering how this affects the cars ability. While I do not expect it to be as agile as say a Range Rover, would it cope it decent amounts of snow etc?

Your wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks

meme

no wisdom to offer, sorry: I prefer the suv, but that's just my personal taste.

but I do have a consideration for you: have you already tried to find a SECOND HAND 400h?

I'm afraid that will be really, really hard...

Good luck!

Mmm...

If a smooth ride was the prime criteria, I would have opted for the LS430. However the RX, for me, is far more versatile. It does everything with such ease and without fuss that it will be difficult to move to another car or SUV. For those who love adrenalin the RX might not be as good as the X5 but the X5 never knows when to stay in the back ground when you're not in the mood continuous exhileration !

The RX not only knows how to glide you home when you're tired but it also ferries bulky items, can master four wheel drive when required and is one of the smoothest and most reliable SUVs around - the LS therefore comes second, for being less versatile !

Might be difficult to get an SEL 400h at that price.

Good luck.

Hi there

I currently own a jag x type 3.0l (4wd). I am now thinking of changing the x type to either an ls430 or 400h and  can not decide which one!. I have around 35k to spend on the car so would be looking at second hand cars for both. Could you guys give me some advice please?

I love the refinement of the ls430. I would be looking at the latest model (with bluetooth etc). As for the 400h, I would be looking for the se-l edition. What would be the benefits of each car over the other? As I mention the refinement and ride quality of the LS stands out for me, but the RX Se-l seems to come close? Added to the fact that I would prefer a 4wd car. I know that it is not permenent 4wd, and was wondering how this affects the cars ability. While I do not expect it to be as agile as say a Range Rover, would it cope it decent amounts of snow etc?

Your wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks

meme

Well, if you're replacing the Jag, then it's another saloon, therefore the 430. Which is a brilliant choice. Do you ever NEED a 'Jeep'-type thing? (Sorry guys!)

The LS 430 is really an ultimate driving car (not talking sppeding at extremes around corners here, but long distance cruising in absolute comfort/speed/safety etc) If there are times you need a 'van' type back....rent one!

I test drove a 300H a while back and while it was seductive, it has no more space, and worse visibility. And worse economy too! The LS 430 will keep the smile on your face for years! I'd even have my LS 400s in preference...want one? :D