Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tall Driver Seeking Headroom

I have a short time window (48 hours promised, maybe a bit more) to purchase a lovely one owner, low milage, dealer maintained '94 LS 400. All is perfect EXCEPT for the head room (I am very tall). Even with the power seat all the way down and the seatback reclined as much as practical (any more would be both uncomfortable and unsafe) I still need about 3/4 to one inch more headroom. With the motors and all under the seat I don't see how the seat itself or the tracks could actually move down any. But I was wondering about the padding/foam part of the seat. Anyone had any experience with shaving foam off or "rebuilding" a seat to make it thinner top to bottom, thus giving me more headroom. And, not as importand but also of interest, has anyone ever moved a LS400 seat rearward to obtain more leg room? Thanks!

hi,well as was stated in a similer poste recently regarding is200....you could try shimming the front of the seat,which would raise it but also lower it....... :duh:

or try contacting a mobility/disability company,they deal with seating in vehicles all the time