Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Sat Nav

oldcro

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting very frustrated with the new sat nav system. I entered a street name - it doesn't exist. I entered a town name - it doesn't exist. I then locate the town and street on the map and it sudddenly does exist. OK I am probably doing something wrong, but why is the darn thing so difficult to programme?

I have had Sat Nav systems in an IS200, a BMW 330 TDi and a Pioneer system I had fitted to an Audi A4 and all of them were far easier to operate. The instructions certainly leave a lot to be desired, just hope I learn to master it befre the car wears out :crybaby:

oldun :yack:

the sat nav works quite simply and effectively/intuitively. Hope this helps!

1/ Enter Town

2/ WIthin Town, either type a town name or > post code (first 3 )

3/ Enter the first few bits to a name - at any point there is a small pull down list that will eneable you to scrolll down the street if needed. It will always only let you type a name of a street within a town that exists.

If it doesnt exist, you cannot type it.

the sat nav works quite simply and effectively/intuitively. Hope this helps!

1/ Enter Town

2/ WIthin Town, either type a town name or > post code (first 3 )

3/ Enter the first few bits to a name - at any point there is a small pull down list that will eneable you to scrolll down the street if needed. It will always only let you type a name of a street within a town that exists.

If it doesnt exist, you cannot type it.

Thanks Koshime,

My problem is with the screen with the TOWN, NEAREST 5 TOWNS, POST CODE etc options. I've managed to get a different place listed for each option (well almost) and cannot find a way to delete them all and start afresh. I'll keep trying and get it sorted eventually. Sorry to keep you away from your waxing and polishing, your car looks great by the way.

oldun :lol: