Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vvti Mapping

IS_Dude

You guys have been very knowledgable and I'd like to ask a couple fairly technical questions and see if anyone may be able to help or come by the information. I'm exploring other routes as well for the info and if I get it elsewhere(and have that persons permission) I'll post it up here .

I have an AEM unit on my IS300 and am going to setup the VVTI on the intake gear through it. Now I can muddle my way through this eventually, but if I had a stock mapping of what VVTI is doing in low RPM conditions it would be extremely helpfull.

specifically what I'm looking for is.......

It's logging the cam angle that will be the key and at the low RPM settings below 5500 most likely to come up w/ a "base map". Having TPS or something else would be helpfull as well, but I'll take what I can get. In other words, if you were to set up VVTI how would you extrapolate a base map?

lol, sorry for the rambling impossible questions..

oh, for fun I'll add some pics i posted on is300.net for viewing so this post isn't a total loss. ;)

wMTE2MjAyODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTE2MjAyOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTE2MjAzMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

4" i/c

wMTA3MzgxOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTE2MjAzMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

pump lines and everything are below and the tank is mounted via a sweet braket,

about the size of it under the carpet to the frame rail.

wMTE2MjAzMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

camcon is different to a stand alone though mike, the camcon changes the imput /output varibles to the factory ecu, and thereby changing the duration of the camshaft imput

i think to map the vvti will be a major pain, as it is a constant varible determined by the ecu on not only throttle imput but speed, acceleration engine load, emmisions....etc etc

as these varibles are constantly changing you will have to map all possiblitys.

this is the issue i am having with the drift car, in the end it was decided to ditch the vvti.

good luck, hope you manage to sort the mapping :driving:

Edited by Monster-Mat

thanks guys. Yea, didn't know how far any of you guys were along on something like this. mapping the cam angle won't be too difficult, i just need a stock car. hahaha.

yea, the camcon only modifies the stock signal and it doesn't have very many input points. Matt is right that w/ the AEM I will have to build a map to create VVTI from scratch if you will.

Thanks and if I get some info I will post it for everyones use.

Matt, any chance some of your buds at TDI TTE might have some direction on VVTI that could be shared privately or publicly? I have paypal ;)

thanks guys.  Yea, didn't know how far any of you guys were along on something like this. mapping the cam angle won't be too difficult, i just need a stock car. hahaha.

yea, the camcon only modifies the stock signal and it doesn't have very many input points.  Matt is right that w/ the AEM I will have to build a map to create VVTI from scratch if you will.

Thanks and if I get some info I will post it for everyones use.

Matt, any chance some of your buds at TDI TTE might have some direction on VVTI that could be shared privately or publicly?  I have paypal ;)

im not sure at TDI but i know when i asked TTE about the vvti on the 3s-ge, they said the best option was to ditch it.......

so they wont be much help, In japan the VVTI is disabled on all but a few of the race engines anyway.

i think mapping the cam angle will be difficult, as i said there are many varibles you will have to load them under to map them.

i will do some digging around though, and see if i can turn something up

Edited by Monster-Mat

im not sure at TDI but i know when i asked TTE about the vvti on the 3s-ge, they said the best option was to ditch it.......

so they wont be much help, In japan the VVTI is disabled on all but a few of the race engines anyway.

i think mapping the cam angle will be difficult, as i said there are many varibles you will have to load them under to map them.

i will do some digging around though, and see if i can turn something up

i think I could extrapolate a good enough setup if I had even a few pulls. Just the cam angle at steady pulls from 2k rpm w/ tps of 25%, 50%, and 75%. That and a day tuning and mucking w/ it on the dyno would likely get me pretty close or close enough for me. Right now I just have too little knowledge to come up with something that would get it going. I do know of 2 people who could get me those, but one's on vacation and the other is finishing me install this week, lol..

Thanks for the help Matt.

oh, a sidenote. I may disable it, but it's like a conquest thing to get it going at this point is the reason I'm persuing it so much. ;) I know you can appreciate that as you've been very dedicated on your projects.