Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Here With 3g?

MrADeveci

Didn't mean to be picky but I suspect the network in question is "3"  :)

Well don't be picky ......... I meant 3 ... as in three.co.uk ... as in three ... hutchison ltd ..... !!! :geek:

Its Hutchinson Telecom Plc........just kidding! :winky:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I went and bought one today ...............

Nokia 6280 on the 3G network.

I'm going to port my number over next month, so it will be the same number .............

I went for the new Tariff they had ......

Video Talk & Text 1100 :

600 Mins Anytime

400 Text

50 MMS

50 Mins Video Calling

£5 Free Content

for £45 a month .............. first 3 months half price :D

Well, I went and bought one today ...............

Nokia 6280 on the 3G network.

I'm going to port my number over next month, so it will be the same number .............

I went for the new Tariff they had ......

Video Talk & Text 1100 :

600 Mins Anytime

400 Text

50 MMS

50 Mins Video Calling

£5 Free Content

for £45 a month .............. first 3 months half price :D

How good is the network coverage? Have you been happy so far? I'm seriously thinking about getting a '3' mobile now, the deals are just too good. Mobileshop is doing the Motorola V3X (which i want) on that same tariff with 10 months half price line rental on a 12 month contract! :yahoo:

Just really unsure about whether to make the jump to '3' or just be boring and wait for it to come out on orange and not get anywhere near as good a deal....... :unsure:

Parthiban,

I have had no problems so far ...........

My old T-Mobile number is being ported over on the 6th Febuary 2006.

I have made a bookmark on the phone, with just one click it shows you everything I have left (minutes, mms, calls etc)

It's really good !

I have not seen it go off the "3" network yet ...................

So far so good ! :D

Kazi, your getting perdantic again !!!

3G as in .......... THREE HUTCHISON :winky:

Guilty as charged. But 3G is the term used for the technology.

As for the V3X, its out now Parthiban. Stocks are low though.

Just got a V3x on 3, phone and network have been faultless so far over the last few weeks, really wanted to make use of the phones features so 3 seemed the obvious choice.

got the online 1400 deal so get loads of 300 x-net minutes, 1000 texts, downloads etc, all for £30

got the deal in the store as they still offer the same tarrifs if you ask...Nice :)

Had a NEC 606 on 3 when it first came out, what a load of crap!! :angry: completely different story now.

I've heard that 3 has discontinued the V3x, is that true?

Any places still have it in stock?

@Martin: Have you used the stereo Bluetooth on the phone yet? That's one of the main reasons I want that phone :winky:

Yes 3 have discontinued the V3x, and with no warning, so much to the surprise of everyone within the industry.

Another slim phone to consider and the current best seller on 3 is the LG u880. Shop around and you can get it with a free iPod or 18 months 1/2 price from various places.

The second best selling phone on 3 at the moment is the Nokia 6280 that Scarface went for (even if he does think he got it on the "3G network" :P ) but rumours abound that stock is short on this handset as well.

If you're not in a rush then check out the Nokia N80, due to be released in April. This is an awesome phone complete with a 3.0 megapixel camera, an incredible high-res screen and every feature you'd ever want.

@Martin: Have you used the stereo Bluetooth on the phone yet? That's one of the main reasons I want that phone :winky:

Didn't know they've discontinued the V3X :huh: are you two sure, its still on their website. That would be madness, its the best featured phone they offer

Not used the stereo Bluetooth, not sure what that is mate :blush::huh:

Yes 3 have discontinued the V3x, and with no warning, so much to the surprise of everyone within the industry.

Another slim phone to consider and the current best seller on 3 is the LG u880. Shop around and you can get it with a free iPod or 18 months 1/2 price from various places.

The second best selling phone on 3 at the moment is the Nokia 6280 that Scarface went for (even if he does think he got it on the "3G network" :P ) but rumours abound that stock is short on this handset as well.

If you're not in a rush then check out the Nokia N80, due to be released in April. This is an awesome phone complete with a 3.0 megapixel camera, an incredible high-res screen and every feature you'd ever want.

The main thing that got me wanting the V3x was the stereo Bluetooth, will have to wait for it to come out on orange then.....

Didn't know they've discontinued the V3X :huh: are you two sure, its still on their website. That would be madness, its the best featured phone they offer

Not used the stereo bluetooth, not sure what that is mate :blush::huh:

Well insiders are saying that it has been discontinued (something to do with motorola and 3 falling out) but it is a bit suspicious that its been out of stock for so long

Stereo Bluetooth basically means that if you get a stereo Bluetooth headset like this one you can listen to mp3s off your phone wirelessly with proper stereo quality :winky:

Well insiders are saying that it has been discontinued (something to do with motorola and 3 falling out) but it is a bit suspicious that its been out of stock for so long

Yes, definitely discontinued although that's not to say that some stores may still have the odd one or two sitting on a shelf somewhere.

And the decision for 3 not to buy any more came from the very top and with no warning, so as Parthiban said, that suggests a fall out between 3 and Motorola.