Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Here With 3g?

MrADeveci

Good Evening,

I'm due an upgrade from T-Mobile next month (about 18/01) ........ and that's when my contract also expires.

I have been with T-Mobile since day one, when it used to be Mercury One2One :ohmy:

Well, I'm on the 750 + 150 txts a month price plan .... £13.99.

and my phone bills are usually about £40 - £50 a month.

......... now, I need a new phone, but I'm thinking of just changing to the 3G network.

Price plan I was going to get was :

500 mins any network / any time.

100 texts inclusive.

For £30 a month ....

the phone I was going to get this price plan / network on is the new Nokia 6280 (I'm a nokia man!)

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,76555,00.html

any comments? :yawn:

Three was a bit iffy to start with, but recently things have got a lot better. So much so that I'm considering switching over when my contract ends next month. There's only so long I can watch 12 month half price deals go by without jumping in myself :lol:

I'm on the same tariff and I've no had no problems at all. Also, 3 did not use to be good with reception but it seem sto be getting better. If its still a problem I have software for the nokia symbian phones that pushes the phone over to the o2 network so that the reception is always good.

I'm on the same tariff and I've no had no problems at all. Also, 3 did not use to be good with reception but it seem sto be getting better. If its still a problem I have software for the nokia symbian phones that pushes the phone over to the o2 network so that the reception is always good.

One thing I would like to know is can you lock a 3 phone to 2G like you can with Vodafone 3G?

If its still a problem I have software for the nokia symbian phones that pushes the phone over to the o2 network so that the reception is always good.

Really ?

Well the phone that I want is symbian based ....... I have never liked them, but I may go for a gamble!

One thing I would like to know is can you lock a 3 phone to 2G like you can with Vodafone 3G?

I think this is what i'm talking about. :blink: The software works for nokia 3g symbian phones only. What it does is it makes the sim card see only a 2g phone so the 3 network is forced to jumping over to o2.

Don't know if that answers your question mate, I just have it on my phone and change over whenever i have no reception.

Yeah thanks, I think that is what I was asking, although it does seem that the network has improved a lot, and the newer phones are working much better

Although I'm drawn more towards either the Motorola V3X or hopefully the SE W900 will make it onto 3 as well......... :whistling:

been with 3 since they came onto the market. a little iffy to start with but can't fault them now!!!

im on the 600 anytime/any network minutes with 150 texts and unlimited downloads for £40 a month!!! really good value IMO!!!

its obviously personal preferance as to which phone u go for, but i'm always reluctant to buy nokia......coz every other person will have your phone after a month of you buying it!!!!

i've got the motorolla A1000 (touchscreen, PDA, symbian based) and its a fantastic piece of kit.....highly reccomended.

as for locking a 3g phone to 2g....yes it can be done. in my phone, you have to select the coverage you desire from the network menu (2g always provides a very stable signal with 3)

cheers

rob

:winky: Can't tempt anyone on Orange can I...................? :whistling:

I'm with Orange,have been for years............Then some Pratt over the road puts another floor on his bungalow, uses a great big metal girder to strengthen every thing............result Orange signal is now intermittent...........Had to get a new TV aerial on a higher pole to get a signal.

Just had a text message from orange Do I want a free upgrade as I have had this phone for almost a year.........what do I do, or what do I go for :geek:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ahmet. :blush:

Every network is 3G now...i Was with 3 about 1.5 years ago and there customer service was absoulutely rubbish, along with their reception, ive been with O2 since (but there is no 3G reception in my area). Only prob i have with O2 is when my phone became faulty and they send it away to a seperate repair company called Anovo, who lost my phone TWICE!! Terrible company!!

:winky: Can't tempt anyone on Orange can I...................? :whistling:

I'm with Orange,have been for years............Then some Pratt over the road puts another floor on his bungalow, uses a great big metal girder to strengthen every thing............result Orange signal is now intermittent...........Had to get a new TV aerial on a higher pole to get a signal.

Just had a text message from orange Do I want a free upgrade as I have had this phone for almost a year.........what do I do, or what do I go for :geek:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ahmet. :blush:

Be sure its Orange texting you. There very very rarely contact customers to inform on upgrades as the longer you have the phone the better. Just be carefull. :winky:

From what ive heard 3 is as :tsktsk: as t mobile......had t mobile from day 1 as well, up untill last jan went onto orange, and have just switched to O2....same price as the orange tariff but more minutes/texts.....and just got my 8800 B) :D

can i recommend a site? Absolutely no link to me whatsoever but I have physically been to the place, met the boss a couple of years ago, it works well, and have used them since. The main phone companies use resellers and this one passes most of its incentive back to clients. The end result is that you get the operators' best deals direct on your bill, but then this company also give you cashback vouchers which you can send in for up to around £150 to £200 back in a year. I styart a new contract with them every time my existing contract runs out of its lockin, and then transfer my old number over. I just bought an 18 month contract with t-mobile, free RAZR phone, an entire year of free rental and then normal monthly rental for next 6 months. Plus you order one day, everything comes the next. www.mobileshop.com

My sister lives in London, and changed from T-mobile to 3G in 2005 and seriously regrets it due to lack of decent coverage and poor signal and service.  But she may be a one off...

3G is term used for the type of handset and service being used. What network did she switch to? :huh:

3G have just appeared in this months Which? magazine.

They have a deal that if you retain your first 6 months worth of bills they will refund 50%, sounds good so far.

The catch is that they require 7 bills to prove the 6 month coverage. The deal also states that the cashback will not occur if you leave the claim till you are into month 7.

Therefore you need to be a time traveller to claim your cashback within the T&C's of the deal.

Which? have attempted to get a response from 3G but they were "unavailble for comment" or just ignoring the request.

In other words, the 6 month refund/cashback is impossible to claim - be warned !

3G have just appeared in this months Which? magazine.

They have a deal that if you retain your first 6 months worth of bills they will refund 50%, sounds good so far.

The catch is that they require 7 bills to prove the 6 month coverage. The deal also states that the cashback will not occur if you leave the claim till you are into month 7.

Therefore you need to be a time traveller to claim your cashback within the T&C's of the deal.

Which? have attempted to get a response from 3G but they were "unavailble for comment" or just ignoring the request.

In other words, the 6 month refund/cashback is impossible to claim - be warned !

You mean "3" the network? As ive satate, 3G meaning 3rd generation mobile. All networks now include a portfolio of 3g enabled handset.

Just a little pointer :P

I have 2 contracts with Three, each of them have cash back schemes where I have to send them the bill every quarter(I think) and they send me a cheque in the post for my discount. I think the deal was half price line rental for the year.