Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is250 Se Plus Multi-media Pack -black

:D well got delivery of my new IS250SE on 23rd December at 10.15 pm with 8 miles on the clock.

Its black with the beige leather interior and the multi-media pack. It looks stunning and if you would like I will get some pics. It drives superb and is really smooth .My first lexus after 5 mercs and a few bmw's -now converted i think.

bit heavy on the petrol. I love the gear change on the steering wheel if you wish to switch out of auto. the gear change appeasr to be immediate. keyless go is great and there are so many features i will be reading the manual for months.

The sound system is brilliant.

well off for a spin!

:driving:

You will love it, i chose the same combo for my 250 too, black w/ beige, wildly impractical for me, living in a dusty environ with two youg kids too.

You mentioned you owned MB before, so do we, and one thing that I noticed is that it that the 250 is unfortunately not as engaging to drive. Don't get me wrong, it is very refined - but sometimes to the point of being totally insulated from the driving - can't really explain it but there is a sharp bend near my house and I uesd to love taking the MB through the corner, but with the 250, I feel nothing.

Still love the 250 though, the interior is a thousand times better that the MB and I am comparing it to a C-class that is only 3 months old.

Enjoy.

almost same combo - Black with black interior, SE Auto MM Pack. I get 28-36MPG so I think its economical (than teh previous IS200)

Try dropping the seat lower to get a mroe engaging ride?

Do you mean dropping the drivers seat lower than the mechanism allows and if so, how do you do that? I just want 1-2 cm more headroom and the fit will be perfect

You've already lowered it to the max? Hmm, then the only other thing is to lwoer yoru suspension to sport settings for a more engaging ride. the pwoer and acceleration is there already and decent against existing street cars if you want to do traffic light runnings/racings *grin*

if the new IS250 is anything like the previous IS200, it wont free up properly untill after about 5000 miles, then there should be a steady noticable extra bit of oomph and a slightly lower MPG :D

just keeps improving up to about 10000 miles

Try dropping the seat lower to get a mroe engaging ride?

yeah, done that, but you can only drop it so far before losing all credibility, a 32 yr old hung back and low doesnt look quite right!

we did thought of sport suspension , but that is only available as an option for the base version. Had the sports kit on the previous C-class and that was a good drive from day one although the exhaust sounded a bit tinny.

Still, love the 250, never driven the Is200 or 300 before, heard that was more sporty.

How's the ride Stranger?

actually - I dont want an engaging ride. 6 years of feeling every bump over a hump on the IS, this move up to the IS250 thankfully has better suspension, with sufficient feel going into corners and better handling. The 250 does what you want it to do, and in my opinion, automatic triptonics should be a permanent for all models because that is how good it was over the standard during testing

actually - I dont want an engaging ride. 6 years of feeling every bump over a hump on the IS, this move up to the IS250 thankfully has better suspension, with sufficient feel going into corners and better handling.

I envy you having owned an IS200 for 6 years. I have always wanted one - a white one to be exact but can never convinced my wife to do that. But the IS250 managed to change her mind, we ordered the car at the car launch and just after 3 months from buying a brand new c-class!

Don;t get me wrong, we like the 250 but sometimes I wish the 250 drives like the c-class (blasphemous! some of you might say)> in my ideal world, I would like it to drive like the C-class or perhaps the C-class is built like the 250, but then taht is an ideal world and last time I checked, it doesn't exist. :)

Either way, the 250 is undoubtedly a superb cruiser.