Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia N70

Has anyone got an N70? was thinking of getting one but not sure if you can get a proper cradle for car kit. Also does anyone know if you can put sat nav software on it

Cheers

I've got the N70 (I wanted something different from the Razor or W800i), video recorder is great so is the camera's zoom, has problems connecting to a Motorola E398 via blue tooth causes mine to (the E398) to switch off? :crybaby: .Mine also has problems connecting to my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop via a belkin Bluetooth dongle :duh:

I'm on T-mobile so mine was a free upgrade, I'd say wait as there is always something with more functions around the corner.

Has anyone got an N70? was thinking of getting one but not sure if you can get a proper cradle for car kit. Also does anyone know if you can put sat nav software on it

Cheers

I've got the N70 (I wanted something different from the Razor or W800i), video recorder is great so is the camera's zoom, has problems connecting to a Motorola E398 via blue tooth causes mine to (the E398) to switch off? :crybaby: .Mine also has problems connecting to my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop via a belkin Bluetooth dongle :duh:

I'm on T-mobile so mine was a free upgrade, I'd say wait as there is always something with more functions around the corner.

You cold be waiting along time then............as there always is something round the corner :winky:

I've spend a large portion of yesterday reading into the n70 and it doesn't even have its own car kit cradle so its no good to me really untill they sort that problem. does anyone know of any other nokia phone that will take sat nav software, got a radio and mp3 player and dedicated car kit cradle and maybe a built in gprs reciever (if there is such a thing on mobiles). oh yeah, it has to make phone calls and do text messages as well

I got a Nokia 3230 (Sybian 60) as a free up-grade from O2.

Got TomTom Mobile 5 running on it and it is really good. Also down loaded the speed camea data base from Pocket GPS after a tip from here and that seems to have most camera sites on it.

Also use the organiser function for a diary which syncs to Outlook on the PC at work over Bluetooth.

Didn't bother with a car kit just bought a cheap phone holder from the local market and made a bracket to mount it in the car. I have a Jabra Bluetooth headset which connects to the phone at the same time as the TomTom GPS receiver with no problems.

Only down side is the phone eats the Battery when using the GPS, get about 3 hours on a full charge, so I had to buy an in car power adaptor which leaves me short of power for the radar detector. I have a plan for multiple power outlet to get around that.

Hope that helps :D

• 4 weeks later...
I got a Nokia 3230 (Sybian 60) as a free up-grade from O2.

Got TomTom Mobile 5 running on it and it is really good. Also down loaded the speed camea data base from Pocket GPS after a tip from here and that seems to have most camera sites on it.

Also use the organiser function for a diary which syncs to Outlook on the PC at work over Bluetooth.

Didn't bother with a car kit just bought a cheap phone holder from the local market and made a bracket to mount it in the car. I have a Jabra Bluetooth headset which connects to the phone at the same time as the TomTom GPS receiver with no problems.

Only down side is the phone eats the battery when using the GPS, get about 3 hours on a full charge, so I had to buy an in car power adaptor which leaves me short of power for the radar detector. I have a plan for multiple power outlet to get around that.

Hope that helps :D

You need a Nokia CR27 Holder made for the 6680 but the N70 work in it also as I have it. You can plug the HF 3 Hands free kit into the bottom of it and plug the other end into the lighter socket. Works perfect!