Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd Recorder

Claire G

Bought my husband a Samsung DVD Recorder (R119), but we can't get sound from the Sky Box to the DVD recorder, then the DVD recorder to the TV. Done the obvious things like checking all the leads are working and have set up the audio options, but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas before my husband resorts to his usual method of fixing things (i.e. throwing it out the window!).

Thank you o'wise technical people of LOC!

How are you connecting the Sky box to the DVDR? - if you're using the optical link then you'll need to enable Dolby Digital in the Sky+ settings.

Conversely, if you're not using the optical link, you need to make sure that DD is NOT selected, and you cannot send DolbyD down an RCA/Scart lead

HTH x

How are you connecting the Sky box to the DVDR? - if you're using the optical link then you'll need to enable Dolby Digital in the Sky+ settings.

Conversely, if you're not using the optical link, you need to make sure that DD is NOT selected, and you cannot send DolbyD down an RCA/Scart lead

HTH x

I'm not sure that Claire has the sky+ box....maybe just regular sky??

If so, I dont think it has an optical (TOS) link connection, and therefore audio should be output via a regular phono style set of sockets (usually red for right channel, and white for left )

I imagine the DVD recorder would have similar inputs ( IE analog style) and maybe a seperate patch lead ( phono to phono ) would work?

HURRAH!!! It's working - thank you, you are indeed Gentlemen and Scholars!

Mr Morse, spot on and Rod, Si's just changed all the settings on Sky+. He's now chuffed we can record things onto DVD as we have about 2% of memory left on Sky+

Thanks all, Happy New Year to you!