Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Damned Cctv System

eXOBeX

BBC News link

£7k worth of tyres slashed in three streets, including my own street, and the flaming CCTV decided to stop recording the day before, when it should've started overwriting the oldest recordings instead. Had the system been working, they'd have been spotted on at least two cameras.

Fortunately my car was 60 miles out of reach at the time, but a lot of my neighbours have had to shell out on new tyres, some still haven't had the chance to!

Grrrr! Needless to say I've fixed the CCTV settings now!

BBC News link

£7k worth of tyres slashed in three streets, including my own street, and the flaming CCTV decided to stop recording the day before, when it should've started overwriting the oldest recordings instead.  Had the system been working, they'd have been spotted on at least two cameras.

Fortunately my car was 60 miles out of reach at the time, but a lot of my neighbours have had to shell out on new tyres, some still haven't had the chance to!

Grrrr!  Needless to say I've fixed the CCTV settings now!

:ohmy::angry: You're so lucky...feel for the others!

Hope the fcukers get caught and get hanged for it!

Update:-

Had the .BIX and .BOX CCTV files, timestamped at the time of the offence, couldn't find anything that would open them properly.

UNTIL NOW! Got the sod on CCTV, off to the cop shop in a mo, data's on my laptop!

Had the .BIX and .BOX CCTV files, timestamped at the time of the offence, couldn't find anything that would open them properly.

UNTIL NOW!  Got the sod on CCTV, off to the cop shop in a mo, data's on my laptop!

Good news mate hope that the police can ID them off that and I hope that the little to**ers get done big time.

Let us know how you get on.

UNTIL NOW!  Got the sod on CCTV, off to the cop shop in a mo, data's on my laptop!

Excellent - hope that plod can get an ID on them!

Wasnt there a case recently when someone with a private cctv system caught some people trying to break into his home, they were on the cctv tape/computer but plod didnt want to know!! something about him not being a trained operator and data protection etc as the cam swept part of the street also?????

Wasnt there a case recently when someone with a private cctv system caught some people trying to break into his home, they were on the cctv tape/computer but plod didnt want to know!!  something about him not being a trained operator  and data protection etc as the cam swept part of the street also?????

Not round here. Plod are grateful for anything they can get. I think DPA only comes into play on commercial premises, residents can record what they like, as long as they're not spying on their neighbours!

Got a speed-dome still to put up, will have to get round to it soon.

any captures ???

Not for here, cops have a load of stills and 130MB of video (covering just 90 seconds!), want to let them have a fair crack at nailing him before letting the local lynch mob see the pics!

Wonder if lynching him would lower our insurance premiums... :whistling: