Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying TTE Compressor Kit...(but where?)

I am looking for best place to buy TTE compressor. I live in Finland.

I now have following offers:

1) Toyota Finland €10100 (+installation ~€1000) (SUX, price too high)

2) TDI-PLC (DHL'd from England) €7620 (+installation in Finland ~€1000)

3) TTE (Köln, Germany) €6600 (price includes installation)

(3) would be the best choice, since is the cheapest, plus TTE would install the kit (they have lots of experience installing the kit), but I am not sure if I wanted to drive my car to Germany (from Finland) (+ there will be extra costs transferring the car to Köln)

(2) is the cheapest option, if I wanted to install the kit in Finland.

Does anyone know if/where I can buy the Compressor Kit for less than €7620 anywhere in European Union area?

the compressor was developed by TTE, they then provided TMG(toyota motorsports germany) with some kits,which they sold to TDI,so to answer your question,there is no other place in europ to buy a compressor other than through the official outlets of TTE, or the supplied outlet of TDI

i would for peace of mind get it done at TTE,I DID AND IVE HAD ASOLUTLY NO PROBLEMS!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota Auto Finland refuses to sell me the TTE compressor kit! The reason is that they installed the kit on some IS200 and broke the engine!!!!!! (**** them!)

They also told my local lexus dealer not to install the kit! (in case I would buy the kit elsewhere and have my local lexus dealer/service to install it).

So, I will take a nice vacation and drive my car to Köln...TTE shall install the compressor kit for me...

Dam ........man you dont hang around,im getting the info now for you ,it will be possible for you to get it fitted at ANY german dealer,i was speaking to mine the other day and they said that they could fit yours for you,however if you do go to Koln give me a bell b4 you go down,you can pop in and see me here,im just north of hannover,you will have to travel past here to get to KOLN

I think I will do the Köln trip in March/April/May...I will contact TTE and ask when it is possible to have the compressor fitted...

I will give you a bell b4 I go, Mat. I've never been in Germany before (except at Frankfurt Airport a short time, during my Florida trip), so it is exciting to come in Germany...

• 2 weeks later...

They gave the IS200 Compressor to a finnish car magazine for testing. The magazine test guys broke the engine when they tried to dyno the performance of the engine. They may have used wrong gas (you must always use 98 or higher octane gas if you have the TTE Compressor, they may have used low-quality cheaper 95 octane gas)

hey supercharger guys? what happens if you would use low octane gas with the supercharger???

I have used lower octane once, put octane boost in but found out boost adative wasnt that strong. car was ok, felt a bit slower. I allways use 98 (optimax now). I believe you would get detonation but that is why I have HKS Super Fire plugs they help iliminate this problem plus if they give better spark can improve bhp in theory.

Get done man the car is absolutly something else with the compressor.TTE said my performance figures are better than theres but I have a few more mods than their kit.

1. pics are in gallery

2. TTE told me to,i think its cos the timing is changed in the VVTI controller

3. 210/215 bhp @0.3 bar

4. Eaton 3 lobe(roots)

5. there are no real ECU,changes the new controller is wired into the ECU,only a small box,biggest thing it does is not cut the fuel when you hit the rev limiter(stops cat meltdown)

mat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links