Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Drifting Today Mat

Robin H

it will be on all day mate.till about 5pm

i was gonna go down but id only be able to watch........and that would make me sad

:lol:

slipped my mind that your sideways going is200 in parts :lol::lol:

how you getting on with the turbo flange for it

it will be on all day mate.till about 5pm

i was gonna go down but id only be able to watch........and that would make me sad

:lol:

slipped my mind that your sideways going is200 in parts :lol::lol:

how you getting on with the turbo flange for it

the turbo flange has been made......just waiting delivery :)

hey Matt ..... altho a bit off topic, but along the same lines ...... is there any "EASY" way for an IS200 to drift in normal road conditions, using regular performance street tires? I've tried a few times, but its been very difficult due to the lack of torque. The couple of times i've done it ... was not in a very "controlled" manner (not smooth).. and only when I've achieved very high speeds. So personally, i'd call myself skidding .... rather than drifting.

I'm talkin about normal drive tarmac. Any insight would be cool :-)

hey Matt ..... altho a bit off topic, but along the same lines ...... is there any "EASY" way for an IS200 to drift in normal road conditions, using regular performance street tires?  I've tried a few times, but its been very difficult due to the lack of torque.  The couple of times i've done it ... was not in a very "controlled" manner (not smooth).. and only when I've achieved very high speeds.  So personally, i'd call myself skidding .... rather than drifting.

I'm talkin about normal drive tarmac.  Any insight would be cool :-)

:shifty: Have you been doing this when no ones looking :lol::lol::lol:

some reading to get you started

http://driftworks.com/forum/

hey Matt ..... altho a bit off topic, but along the same lines ...... is there any "EASY" way for an IS200 to drift in normal road conditions, using regular performance street tires?  I've tried a few times, but its been very difficult due to the lack of torque.  The couple of times i've done it ... was not in a very "controlled" manner (not smooth).. and only when I've achieved very high speeds.  So personally, i'd call myself skidding .... rather than drifting.

you need to sort the suspension diff, and loose some weight, the rest comes with practice

you need to sort the suspension diff, and loose some weight, the rest comes with practice

Ive been doing it for a while only in the wet mind as the back lets go easier and it doesnt kill my tires that badly, i think my mates have filmed me ill try and get them up.

Also mines usually in my car park at work its a good shape a semi large L shape so can practice both ways, i have a problem with drifting right left seems to be alot easier.

I do say its ALOT of fun :D :D :D :D

Just a thought matt will correct me if im wrong but i think a higher tyre pressure will help as when i did my skid pan training the rear wheels where at 80 psi :o

thanks for the link robin_h.

Matt: any pointers for the suspension setting?  Should i got hardest or softest? or a combination of the 2 between front and back?

for me i use a std front anti roll bar, and a drift spec Cusco anti roll bar on the rear

i use normal coilovers, but my car weighs bugger all, but on average you should be looking at a 12mm/kg front and 10mm/kg rear

with a few degrees negative camber front, neutral rear if possible, or slight negative

an LSD is important..i use a KAAZ 2 way, and will shortley be fitting a 5.1 gear reduction aswell