Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Sensors

Has anyone fitted front and rear parking sensors to the RX400H? My wife wants them!!!

The dealership offered to put them in but the costs was prohibitive - around £1400!.So if anyone out there can help me, I will be grateful and will be a very happy man as I will not have to put up with the continuous "nagging" about their absence on a £40K+ vehicle.

Thanks

I believe the overall (front and back) sensors kit actually integrates into the on board computer that allows the sensor data to be dislayed throught the sat nav screen as on the GS 300 so that besides having sound warnings, an overlay is provieded on the screen.

Hence cost and time.........

Not many dealers do this installation on the RX as yet.

Tony

Would have thought that you would need to switch on front ones manually or else they would "beep" away in traffic queues. Not as easy as switch on with gear select.

Would have thought that you would need to switch on front ones manually or else they would "beep" away in traffic queues. Not as easy as switch on with gear select.

Yes - there is an option on the GS to turn them off/on on the touch screen and adjust other criteria (cannot remember) - from memory it did not cause a nusciance in traffic ....

Tony