Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Engine

oldcro

would have thought it was in the owners manual?

No, it just gives the range of suitable oils, not the actual oil used. There are a few you could regard as being acceptable so that is why I asked the question.

oldun :crybaby:

No, it just gives the range of suitable oils, not the actual oil used. There are a few you could regard as being acceptable so that is why I asked the question.

ah, as for specific brand, thats usually dealer specific

Thanks Monster-Mat for your input. Unfortunately you have not answered what I thought was a simple question. When the IS250's are delivered to the dealer or customer, what oil is in the engine? Heres hoping Moley can help.

oldun

Thanks Monster-Mat for your input. Unfortunately you have not answered what I thought was a simple question. When the IS250's are delivered to the dealer or customer, what oil is in the engine? Heres hoping Moley can help.

oldun

well i did some leg work for you,its very simple i called a dealer!.

but you know what, they didnt know either, the infomation hasnt been released yet

but i didnt give up, i phoned lexus technical department, and im awaiting a call back

so as you can see your simple question..............isnt so simple

regarding that range of oils, you can use any of those, there compatible

but lets see what LGB say :)

Edited by Monster-Mat

and no sooner than i finished that post above....they called back

5W/30

is the type being recomended to all UK dealer

hope that helps

...so I wonder if it's synthetic, semi or mineral.

I saw some hoohaa about how much cheaper the new IS is to service 'cos it uses mineral oils...

5w30 sounds like Semi, and the dealer stated that the new IS will be on a par in terms of cost for servicing, every 10,000 miles...

:offtopic:

My Audi A4 has extended intervals, and I have to say that in 3+ years, 46000 miles, 2 services (at 22k and 41k!), the engine is decidely growly, especially when cold...I am not a fan of infrequent oil changes, fully synthetic or not.

Does anyone know what grade and type of oil is in the engine? I forgot to ask the dealer and want to buy the same oil for topping up as required. 20/50, 5/30, synthetic etc.

Thanks

oldun  :question:

But just out of interest, I doubt very much you'll need to top up the oil anyway :question::hehe:

Not exactly oil burners are they :tomato:

and no sooner than i finished that post above....they called back

5W/30

is the type being recomended to all UK dealer

hope that helps

...so I wonder if it's synthetic, semi or mineral.

I saw some hoohaa about how much cheaper the new IS is to service 'cos it uses mineral oils...

5w30 sounds like Semi, and the dealer stated that the new IS will be on a par in terms of cost for servicing, every 10,000 miles...

:offtopic:

My Audi A4 has extended intervals, and I have to say that in 3+ years, 46000 miles, 2 services (at 22k and 41k!), the engine is decidely growly, especially when cold...I am not a fan of infrequent oil changes, fully synthetic or not.

Thanks Monster-Mat, Just the information I needed. My last cae was also an Audi A4 and that came with a bottle of oil ready for toping-up. I should have thought of calling Lexus UK instead of bothering you. Much appreciated.

oldun :lol: