Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Microsoft Fingerprint Reader

Zee007

does it still work if you have a cut on your finger?? otherwise you will have to wait until your finger gets better before logging into the forums :D

:lol::lol:

You'll have to have a retinal scanner for backup..

Never thought of that...... :blink:

Honestly.... :rolleyes:

does it still work if you have a cut on your finger?? otherwise you will have to wait until your finger gets better before logging into the forums :D

Never thought of that...... :blink:

Honestly.... :rolleyes:

Who do you know who would volunteer to have their finger cut so you can test it ? :D

Does this mean if someone wants to log onto your PC without your permission, they would have to cut off your finger (like some of those movies)?

Also, I hear this Microsoft fingerprint reader does not support Firefox, just IE!

Not having anything scan my bum :hehe:

But seriously folks if it is like the one I have on my USB memory stick it can memorise 5 finger prints. I've got three off my right hand and two off my left.

Also you can still use a password as well

Edited by MacRS200

What about an x-ray machine to scan your face for dental proof ?  They're always able to find out things on these detective programmes by dental records  :D

Be no good to me.......my dentist tends to butcher my teeth everytime I visit :crybaby:

Anyone got one of these or tried one?

Can get them for around £20 and have heard they are pretty good for home use (saves you having to remember passwords and stuff)...

Thoughts?

Link...

I have had an MS Fingerprint Reader for several months. It works well, although the red light is very bright and is on all the time.

As for not having to remember passwords, make sure you still keep your passwords written down somewhere safe. I have managed to clear them accidentally from the system and it would have been a real pain if I did not have backup.

I've got one of the MS keyboards with the fingerprint reader built in, it's hit and miss if it works in firefox and it can be fooled with a thumb copy made from blutac !!

so make a copy of your thumbs just in case :)

I have the Microsoft version too and it works 99% of the time first time. My only anoyance I have with it there is no way of backing up the information so if you need to reinstall you will loose all the data so you will still need to record the information somewhere!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links