Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza

Noel

Hi all,

I am planning to buy an altezza shortly but need alot more info before deciding which one ....

Altezza's in ireland are between 10 and 20 percent more expensive than their IS200 counterpart....is this the norm?

I was planning on getting an IS200 until i drove the RS....WOW no comparision,

The model i drove was a TRD and the dealer claimed that it has 220 bhp instead of 210 due to tuning .....is this correct?... another dealer was claiming 230...are they bulls**ting me?

What are the common pitfalls to watch out for with altezzas.......?

One dealer had a "Qualitat" version with 210 bhp is this a good buy?

thanks for any help

Hi and Welcome :)

Altezza's seem to be cheaper in the UK, why... maybe because its got a Lexus badge on it? lol

I'd check more about the car being 'TRD'

Qualitat, rare and defo worth buying for the extras, but sorry i didn't like the Gold wheels.... it was bit too 'i want to be a scooby, don't leave me behind!' affair.

Thanks for welcome and info....

To be honest the "TRD" version is a little too in your face for my liking...whereas the Qualitat was very nice but had awful red seats and red steering wheel........

How do you know if they are genuine what extras should each have ?.......and on the Bhp question any ideas....?

thanks again

Thanks for welcome and info....

To be honest the "TRD" version is a little too in your face for my liking...whereas the Quilitat was very nice but had awful red seats and red steering wheel........

How do you know if they are genuine what extras should each have ?.......and on the Bhp question any ideas....?

thanks again

Welcome to LOC.

The Qualitat does come standard with the red seats and steering wheel.

210hp for a 3S-GE block (RS200) and 153 for a 1G-FE block.

Qualitat comes in both guises.

Yes it looks like that but with a different rear spoiler, also there is a strut in the boot and the manifold looks like it's stainless steel and the bonnet is supposed to be carbon fibre .....looked more like fibre glass...also they have the rear lenses masked out to match the body colour ( Black )....

I liked it but i don't want police attention....it stands out too much....no the Quilitat is still in mind if i could change the steering wheel colour.....is that a big job or should i be shot for even thinking it ....hehe

What about Automatic or triptronic.....worth considering or steer clear?

I got the Tip version of the RS200, 200 BHP as standard and I have grown to like the box having been a hardened manual man for years. It does take a bit of practice but using the buttons on the wheel is so easy.

Couple of mods engine wise that I have are HKS induction kit and RS-R equal length manifold and matching down pipe, don't know the gain is but it sounds and feels better. Easily keeps up with 325 and 330 beemers :D

Whats the difference between L or Z editions....?

Think it is trim level L is leather and Z is cloth, stand to be corrected though

RS auto is it much slower?

Auto is something like 0.8 sec slower 0-60 top speed is the same at 140 if limiter removed

Edited by MacRS200

Do all RS auto have F1 type paddels or only some.....?

It's not paddles, it has buttons on the spokes of the steering wheel. Each spoke has a button on the front to change down and one on the back to change up.

Here is a link to the Irish site.....i don't know how to attach pics just yet

carzone

I'm thinking it's just been done up by the last ower in japan to look like a TRD

The RS 5 gear Auto is sounding kinda cool......compared to the 4 gear basic job on the IS200 and approx 7 out of 10 used IS200 for sale in Ireland are automatic...

dont look like TRD model to me, maybe some TRD mods.

Maybe your dealers confused as i have seen many atime, then they just get it into there heads to call it something it aint. Its a modded Altezza RS200 6spd MT

How reliable is the Auto box and switches ? any issues.....It would be very difficult to source parts in ireland, had this problem with an integra in the past, speedo cable snapped.....6 weeks to get a replacement

Well i drove the Auto and loved it.....so i'll be picking up my 2000 Altezza next week .

It seems in very good condition with 38000 miles on it........the only problems are the inside, it used to have a TV, sat nav screen but now theres this ugly hole in the top, what is the best solution for this....? DIY job?........

Other thing is the CD player seems crap but if a change it, isn't there going to be a great big hole where in used to be......Any recommendations on what to put in it's place...?

Oh .....one more thing i really liked the flat boot spoiler on the Qualitat model......where can i get one of them?

Thanks

EDIT....ok i found a fascia mask on E-Bay so thats one question answered, now for the hole on top.....anyone?