Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bmw 325 Vs Lexus Is250

IS250

BMW 325 vs LEXUS IS250  

22 members have voted

1. 1. BMW 325 vs LEXUS IS250

• BMW 325
    • LEXUS IS250

The 325 or any 3 series in fact is a brilliant car. However I prefer the IS because it isn't a 3 series, it's a more exclusive car. And you don't need to add 10K to the price to get a sensible equipment list.

The 325 or any 3 series in fact is a brilliant car.  However I prefer the IS because it isn't a 3 series, it's a more exclusive car.  And you don't need to add 10K to the price to get a sensible equipment list.

word for word my response exactly :D

ditto to the 2 above comments. Although the new look 3 series looks like a pitbull sucking a lemon. Still prefer the aggressive look of the

IS200..the bollocks.

Yes but of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think the new beemer 3 series is great looking car..... ( hell the new IS is beginning to look like it anyway :blink: )

What we are really saying here is that the overall result of the manufacturers efforts are being compared, and obviously this lexus forum would be expected to be biased :D

I have driven many BMWs over my 40 years driving, and none have ever disappointed me. I think for Instance that the 1990s version of 5 Series chassis was the finest handling decent sized saloon of its day. I drove the new 320d a few weeks ago, and was Impressed. However, I was also blown away by the IS250, and finally chose this over the BMW, for the comments earlier - you get a whole lot of motor car for the money :D

Had Lexus really done their research ( despite claims that they have) they would have realised that there is definately a market for an auto version of the diesel - I for 1 would have chosen the diesel over the 250 had this been so. I think they have cocked up bigstyle with that decision, and especially as their main competition ( 3 series) has a diesel variant....and excellent it is too. I would not be overly surprised if an auto varient of the 220d is announced in the not to distant future ??

I have always been a BMW fanatic...in fact I owned my first BeeEm at age 20, 316 E21, used to cost me £1300 to insure in 1987...

the family are BeeEm nuts...boy they'll get a shock when they see my IS220d! Like you say, it blows you away. I tested the 320d, it was OK, but not memorable.

Check out my 220d test post today in the forum.

As for the auto option...I too would have gone for that...in the diesel it would have made the perrrrfect car!

I have always been a BMW fanatic...in fact I owned my first BeeEm at age 20, 316 E21, used to cost me £1300 to insure in 1987...

the family are BeeEm nuts...boy they'll get a shock when they see my IS220d! Like you say, it blows you away. I tested the 320d, it was OK, but not memorable.

Check out my 220d test post today in the forum.

As for the auto option...I too would have gone for that...in the diesel it would have made the perrrrfect car!

read your drive report....excellent well done :)

Should I have waited to see if an auto emerges later this / next year ? - probably :blink: Should I have told the missus ( who loves auto ),tough - they don't do one ? ...probably :blink: Was I just tempted and seduced by the 250 SEL test drive in auto,mm,moonroof,camera,seats,satnav, etc etc etc to the point where I just couldn't resist ? Definately :blink: Am I nervous about having forked out all that hard earned on a car which will probably cost me more to run than the one I have now - even though we were supposed to be changing cars to save a few bob ( early retirement and all that.. :D ) ? You bet I am

Did I make a rash decision - Yep

Will I regret not waiting 'til mid year and spending half the amount on a low mileage used 250 - probably... :blink:

OH sod it....life's too short...and besides where's the grin factor in paying off a mortgage, buying a place abroad, and having exotic hols for the next 10years ??

:excl: Oooops....someone tell me I made a great overall decision....PLEASE :crybaby: