• Picture 1 for me, please....I love de Purple homeboy
    • Picture 2 for me, please....I is luvin da Green boy
    • picture 3 for me, please....I am looving Magenta man
    • i like it blue...........

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure...... Some people can 'taste colors' some can 'smell' them... in the minds eye Drift is dramatic and should conjure a color that reacts scientifically and that's 'Red', this color reflects 'danger'........ and you sidways at 90mph is a color that suits!

Not sure...... Some people can 'taste colors' some can 'smell' them... in the minds eye Drift is dramatic and should conjure a color that reacts scientifically and that's 'Red', this color reflects 'danger'........ and you sidways at 90mph is a color that suits!

red is a std colour......it needs to stand out in the crowd......

if i may i will post some pics of drift cars, so people can taste...the look im going for, and allow any budding photoshop wonders to come up with some working ideas......

i will be running a comp soon...the price , Will be worth winning :)

350ZSIDE.sized.jpg

DSC01243.sized.jpg

DSC_3556.sized.jpg

DSC_3713.sized.jpg

i like this scheme..with layers in the background

ed530ffc.sized.jpg

nob1qd.sized.jpg

what_wheels.sized.jpg

DSC_3679.sized.jpg

Mat when you say about coming up with some working ideas, do you mean the design of the graphics for the car... bearing in mind 90% of these comprise of words - i.e. sponsors names etc... :huh:

The 'red one' for me said F**K off, get out of my way!.... A hostile color that opens the eye...... with sponsor in mind a 'subliminal color' easier on the eye would be welcomed in the aggressive red and encourage the observer to read the sponsor.

Edited by Monster-Mat

Mat when you say about coming up with some working ideas, do you mean the design of the graphics for the car... bearing in mind 90% of these comprise of words -  i.e. sponsors names etc... :huh:

i know tony, but i have 2 sponsers already, thats not the problem, you will see most of the graphics are in layers, its these layers i want to build up with different shades, of whatever colour which can be made in reflectives, contrasts or foils.

for example look at this pic,

ed530ffc.sized.jpg

you can see something is written in the background....it can be anything....lets say in my case.....

team Japsai..., but in such large lettering its not easily visable, when a second layer is placed over it

the sumo power car is a good example of layers, at first it looks like grey lines......

350ZSIDE.sized.jpg

and i like the use of different colours on here...as in the swirls.

what_wheels.sized.jpg

so if we was to take the elements i likes , and in this example apply it to the green car.it would be the colour of the car, swirls in some contrasting deep colours, maybe even slight shades off green,, then the union flag layed over the wing as in the picture.

then in another differnt colour maybe reflective green on blue, saying either team japsai.com, in huge letters across the whole side, so big it just looks like swirls untill you follow each letter(not going over flag), and if not japsai making a "something" design or something from the kanji of japsai

like this

TEAM

japsai_1_001.jpg

.com

it just needs me to sit down with someone who knows what there doing, and being able to be patient to use artistic flare :)

Mat when you say about coming up with some working ideas, do you mean the design of the graphics for the car... bearing in mind 90% of these comprise of words -  i.e. sponsors names etc... :huh:

i know tony, but i have 2 sponsers already, thats not the problem, you will see most of the graphics are in layers, its these layers i want to build up with different shades, of whatever colour which can be made in reflectives, contrasts or foils.

for example look at this pic,

ed530ffc.sized.jpg

you can see something is written in the background....it can be anything....lets say in my case.....

team Japsai..., but in such large lettering its not easily visable, when a second layer is placed over it

the sumo power car is a good example of layers, at first it looks like grey lines......

350ZSIDE.sized.jpg

and i like the use of different colours on here...as in the swirls.

what_wheels.sized.jpg

so if we was to take the elements i likes , and in this example apply it to the green car.it would be the colour of the car, swirls in some contrasting deep colours, maybe even slight shades off green,, then the union flag layed over the wing as in the picture.

then in another differnt colour maybe reflective green on blue, saying either team japsai.com, in huge letters across the whole side, so big it just looks like swirls untill you follow each letter(not going over flag), and if not japsai making a "something" design or something from the kanji of japsai

like this

TEAM

japsai_1_001.jpg

.com

it just needs me to sit down with someone who knows what there doing, and being able to be patient to use artistic flare :)

I know what you mean now Mat. It's difficult to sit there and imagine a unique design that's gonna stand out without looking like the cars just been "pimped" :shutit:

Might try and have a play over the weekend with Photosuite to come up with something :winky:

I know what you mean now Mat. It's difficult to sit there and imagine a unique design that's gonna stand out without looking like the cars just been "pimped" :shutit:

Might try and have a play over the weekend with Photosuite to come up with something :winky:

thanks mate, im crap at all that stuff, i cant even use MSPaint that well.

the flag on the wing is a defo in my eyes

Edited by Monster-Mat

cheers tony, not feeling the graffiti graphics of the team japsai.....

looks like the car has been left in liverpool overnight

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Mat, back to the drawing board then :D

:whistling: ...

gallery_8595_83_8136.jpg

getting there, But....the team japsai cant be on the car, as sponser logos need to go on the car.

see the kenji japanese writing behind the team japsai, can you do that in a slightly different shade of green and much bigger, it doesnt need to be readable as a word.

cant have the japanese flag on the back , and wont be able to do any fading , as the decals cannot be made like that

;)

Edited by Monster-Mat

Looks like the votes will be for a 'mean green machine'.... the flag is a 'must have' in my opinion it looks the dogs danglies..... on a 'wonder' note...KENJI is my Japanese Boss's name do you know what the name means or the Japanese caricature

bigger, the team name doesnt need to be a focal part of the design, as we discussed earlier in the topic

Mat in case you mist it earlier 'KENJI' what does it mean.... my boss is called Kenji... does it mean anything i can take the ***** out of :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links