Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know if there's a UK register kept for LS 400's? Some are getting on a bit now and it may be a good idea to keep tabs on them for future owners etc.

Or, in asking, have I just unwittingly volunteered myself for something? Doh! :shutit:

Graham, what details are you proposing to collect?

VIN, colour, mileage, generation, town.

Registration as a key may be little value as so many LS400s have got/had private plates. I tried to find some history on a car for sale, called the dealer where last servive was done and found out it was a defferent year car, because of change of plates.

I agree Simon, VIN is the key piece of info about a car. I used to run the Citroen SM register for 10 years so have some experience of pesky registration number changes!

I guess just basic info like VIN, reg, colour, mileage, no of owners and current location/owner etc. Nothing too detailed.

I'd propose LS 400's Mk's 1-2 as the 430's are a little too new. I would encourage forum subscribers to...(can't believe I'm going to say this!)...collect reg numbers/colours of any LS400's they 'spot' and let me know. Oh my ***, it sounds so geeky! B)

I agree Simon, VIN is the key piece of info about a car. I used to run the Citroen SM register for 10 years so have some experience of pesky registration number changes!

I guess just basic info like VIN, reg, colour, mileage, no of owners and current location/owner etc. Nothing too detailed.

I'd propose LS 400's Mk's 1-2 as the 430's are a little too new. I would encourage forum subscribers to...(can't believe I'm going to say this!)...collect reg numbers/colours of any LS400's they 'spot' and let me know. Oh my ***, it sounds so geeky! B)

Sorry, I meant Mk's 1-4.

remember though that keeping the VIN, would mean they are kept secure, and any online register would have to have the vin truncated so as not to pose an asset to cloners

I think its a good idea though :)

Edited by Monster-Mat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links