Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Replacement

Poncho

Just got my tyres replaced by my dealer at £100 a tyre  :blink:

Have I been scammed? And someone said that my old tyres can be sold (thery were at legal limit) - if so where and should I ask for them back? Thanks.

:)

what tyres were fitted???

£100 a corner doesn't seem expensive to be honest with you. mine were £154 a corner so i think you got a decent price.

£100 is about right for 040, as for your old tyres they were at the legal limit right? so if you ask for them back what are you going to do with them?

nearly every country i know of in europe has the same 1.6mm limit

£100 is about right for 040, as for your old tyres they were at the legal limit right? so if you ask for them back what are you going to do with them?

nearly every country i know of in europe has the same 1.6mm limit

Friend of mine says they are worth a fortune to tyre dealers who retread them? :unsure:

IMO that is expensive, i got a pair of 18" falken 512 directionals for 160 quid and the 17 s i had on my standard rims were 110 quid a pair fitted and balanced and i think that they are excellent tyres, been using falken for years.

i replaced the p_zeros with them because i thought that the P_zeros were the worset i had driven on, i think its horses for courses, depends what you look for in a tyre, and not all falkens are the same i prefer the 512 over the older style due to the difference in the wet, and they are only a cheap tyre if you look around for the them Mitchel deva tyres in hants were wanting 110 quid each for them, were as further north they got a whole load cheaper