Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Dead.... Immobiliser?

Today i have done something very very stupid. I had a Nokia handfree kit in my car for a old Nokia 6310i. It was top dog with built in charger and antenna wired to the dash etc. But i no longer have a Nokia 6310i so i decided to remove it. I removed the speaker unit and then traced several wires back to the Nokia system box hidden behind the glove box. I unplugged them all and then one wire connected to the Nokia box for some stupid reason I cant think of now i cut with a pair of scissors. There was a tiny tiny spark in the wire as i cut it but as it was just attached to the Nokia system i thought it would be ok.

Now i can not turn on the car. Nothing happens. It doesnt even tick over. I think it may have masshed to immobiler. The remote keys still work to lock and unlock the car but nothin gat all happend when i turn the key. The dash lights up for 1 second and then nothing.

What shall i do? As i had to get a mate to give me a lift to work today.

Ta :duh: :yack: :tsktsk:

Conect the wires back, one at a time, is a start  :D

I have but the one i have cut i cant reconnect. Checking the fuses now. Also what is a ECu and how do i reset it?

You can reset the ECU by taking the wires off the Battery.

why can you not conect the wire you cut ?

The wire in question has about twelve multicoloured tiny wires inside. I cant reconnect it as i cut this wire with scissors.

Conect the wires back, one at a time, is a start  :D

I have but the one i have cut i cant reconnect. Checking the fuses now. Also what is a ECu and how do i reset it?

You can reset the ECU by taking the wires off the Battery.

why can you not conect the wire you cut ?

The wire in question has about twelve multicoloured tiny wires inside. I cant reconnect it as i cut this wire with scissors.

Is this wire part of the car or phone kit ? are all the fuses ok ?

a stated above - look in both footwells and also the engine bay - triangle ish shaped cover in front of the Battery.

BUT THE FIRST THING TO DO IS MAKE 100000% SURE THE CABLE YOU CUT IS NOT PART OF THE CAR WIRING AND ONLY FROM THE NOKIA CAR KIT.

THIS MUST BE YOUR STARTING POINT!!!!!

a stated above - look in both footwells and also the engine bay - triangle ish shaped cover in front of the battery.

BUT THE FIRST THING TO DO IS MAKE 100000% SURE THE CABLE YOU CUT IS NOT PART OF THE CAR WIRING AND ONLY FROM THE NOKIA CAR KIT.

THIS MUST BE YOUR STARTING POINT!!!!!

im 100% sure now that the cut wire is part of the nokia kit and not the car. I have taken the whole car kit out now and the wire i cut was the cable that plugged into the Nokia head unit (HFU-2) and the other end was connected to the nokia phone cradle. The head unit had this wire plugged into it plus one speaker cable, one mic cable and importantly one "DC" cable plugged into it. Nothing else. All other cables are in tact and can be replugged into the Nokia head unit if need be but not the cut cable (its called "phone" according to the head unit). I think and hope it is a fuse but by the time i got home from work it was dark so i will check first thing in the morning.[/i]

All sorted. I opened up the bonnet to check the fuses and realised that there was 1 wire coming of the positive and 1 off the negative terminals on the Battery going into to dash. Quickly relaised this was the DC wire that went into the Nokia head unit (i had NOT cut this cable). So i disconnected these wires form the Battery and the car started up like new. Problem solved.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links