Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stuffed Cd Changer

Hi People

It's my first post here, I have owned a IS200 for over a year now and never had a problem with it but last week i got the dreaded error message on the CD changer. I have tried everything including sticking an old cd into the slot and pressing the eject button but nothing worked. I also had the bad news from Lexus that it was not under warranty any more. I decided to remove the unit from the car and strip it down.

Well i don't think any amount of hitting or poking would have made it work when i finaly got into the cd magazine It looked like a bomb had gone of inside there where springs lying around loose and several bits of brocken plastic inside it's a total write off! :crybaby:

The good news is I did manage to retreive my three stuck cd's! :)

A warning to others though it does look like sticking an old cd in the slot an inch or two did make things WORSE!

Does anybody know where i can get a working unit, has anyone got one for sale. Also how much would one from lexus cost?

thanks

Al

Hi People

It's my first post here, I have owned a IS200 for over a year now and never had a problem with it but last week i got the dreaded error message on the CD changer.  I have tried everything including sticking an old cd into the slot and pressing the eject button but nothing worked. I also had the bad news from Lexus that it was not under warranty any more. I decided to remove the unit from the car and strip it down.

Well i don't think any amount of hitting or poking would have made it work when i finaly got into the cd magazine It looked like a bomb had gone of inside there where springs lying around loose and several bits of brocken plastic inside it's a total write off! :crybaby:

The good news is I did manage to retreive my three stuck cd's! :)

A warning to others though it does look like sticking an old cd in the slot an inch or two did make things WORSE!

Does anybody know where i can get a working unit, has anyone got one for sale. Also how much would one from lexus cost?

thanks

Al

think monster-mat had one for sale???

his is sold,,  however i have one for sale.. from my 03 is300.. top loading stylee

What sort of money are we talking about?

Get an after market one, they're just keep going wrong

Ellz the top slot ones don't suffer from the dreaded ERR3

his is sold,,  however i have one for sale.. from my 03 is300.. top loading stylee

Ive got a top slot one and ive just got a new headunit, this is the second time mines gone wrong as well, ill send it off to lexus to get my cd' back if they charge ill take the thing apart.

Ive got a top slot one and ive just got a new headunit, this is the second time mines gone wrong as well, ill send it off to lexus to get my cd' back if they charge ill take the thing apart.

Oh thought the newer ones were OK

Ok, i will PM you with some details etc.

I wanted to keep the original look of the car as aftermarket units never look as good as factory fitted in my opinion

By the way it was a top slot one. When i opened it up the mechanisum looked very flimsy and as if it would break easily anyway.

The unit is back in the car as i now have the pleasure of good old radio 2 during the morning commute! but when i get it out i will post some pics of the inside. It's really a mess.

Al