Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry Done For The 3rd Time

:) I have had my geometry done on the Lex for the 3rd time,

The old saying 3rd time lucky, in my case it is right. That is because I ended up traveling 170mile(one way) to see the famous Tony Bones. What he has done is put right what Drury Lane could not do on 2 occasions.

Got first geom done may last year at Drury, went away thinking everything was ok, but after reading all the posts about geom I relised everything was no ok, I still had a problem. Ihad many PMs and phone calls with Tony and we decided I should take it back to Drury to have a look.

Drury did the geom again & charged me again :angry:

Sent the report to Tony to let him study the outcome and what a suprise, the geom was incorrect again, why did Drury Lane let me leave when in black and white the geom was incorrect? If Drury had checked they should have seen something was wrong.

I am not happy with Drury Lane at all. Ok the car did feel different but still didn't feel right, so the car had to go someone who knew what they were doing. Tony was my only choice, I knew he would sort someone else mess.

Down I went Friday to visit Tony and let his hands do what he is famous for, How immpressed I was with Tony's findings. One adjuster front nearside was only finger tight thus causing the bush to creak and altre the cars geometry whilst driving. I thought I had a seized bush.

I couldn't believe how many adjustments were needed to put the car right. Tont was/is most helpful in explaining everything that he was doing (Drury didn't) why he was doing it, all questions were answered in great depth.

Tony is a top guy, he knows his job 150% and more I would travel down to him again if needed as I know what he has done is correct.

When you read this Tony (I know you will) give the cat a kick from me :D , the handling of the car is amazing, very responsive. I fell more confident with the car now. BTW Tony the steering wheel is slightly to the left, no probs tho. You have done a great job no complaints from me just praise :P

And for Drury Lane, I would not go back there and will not recommend them at all :angry:

Sorry to those who have been thereand are happy with there work but they got it wrong twice with my carand trook £134 off me for WHAT!!!!!?

Rant over B) Thanx again Tony for your excellent work I owe a beer or two :winky: :D :D :P :hehe:

Tony is THE man.

I am just so glad he is only 30 mins from me :D

What surpises me is that Drury Lane got it so wrong, they have a good reputation on LOC.

Tony is THE man.

I am just so glad he is only 30 mins from me :D

What surpises me is that Drury Lane got it so wrong, they have a good reputation on LOC.

So did I but Tony has got both geom reports and on both times are incorrect that is why I let Tony sort it,

The geom the second time was so bad he thought I had something bent big time

'OH DEAR'.... i was waiting for this!

Whiteman trusted Drury lane purley on the strength they are a 'trusted centre' on my site.

After the geometry the car wasn't feeling quite right....... but 'trusting' Mr W left the car to settle (2000 miles) that's what i recommend, 2000+. Then i had a distressed call from 'W' about the handling issue, so i contacted Drury lane and insisted they 'invite' the owner back and resolve the problem..... (fair request)

Again the geometry was measured and showed uncomfortable disparity between print-outs..... nevertheless Drury corrected the geometry and 'CHARDGED £50'......for the privilege.

Still the cars handling was not correct and Mr W.... traveled 100s of miles to me and i measured/corrected the geometry.......

Drury Lane take this on the chin....

The initial geometry was not complete!

The complaint should not have been charged!

The setting after the complaint was incorrect!

What amazed me was the email prints showed much trauma in the cars condition and i was 'very' worried that all i could do on the day is diagnose bent components..... Oh no as things turned out the print was 'pants' and so was the workmanship!

99% result..... steering position is cosmetic and understandable since 12 angles were moved/set during the geometry.....

Drury Lane...... at worst i feel an apology is required... and a money back gesture would send a concerned signal back into LOC....... no response then i will exclude 'DRURY LANE' from WIM.

:) I thought I had to say something about the problems I was having with my geometry because I got to the point where I thought I had something seriously wrong with my car,

The car was HPi clear when I bought it so assumed nothing was wrong with it so when a garage does the geo twice and can't correct what is wrong well like I said I thought something was wrong. ie bad crash etc

I have said it once and will say it again, Tony put my mind at ease and the car feels as it should be.

Maybe the first time they did the geo they got it wrong but not the second time, and find adjusters not tightened up. :shutit:

I feel better now that I have had my say now :whistling:

:) I thought I had to say something about the problems I was having with my geometry because I got to the point where I thought I had something seriously wrong with my car,

The car was HPi clear when I bought it so assumed nothing was wrong with it so when a garage does the geo twice and can't correct what is wrong well like I said I thought something was wrong. ie bad crash etc

I have said it once and will say it again, Tony put my mind at ease and the car feels as it should be.

Maybe the first time they did the geo they got it wrong but not the second time, and find adjusters not tightened up. :shutit:

Indeed... several times you mentioned that the 'knock' on the NSF may indicate a worn bush... regretably again for Drury Lane this noise was due to the fact that the lock nut was left undone/lose.

***** poor result........ awaiting some reply.......

Indeed... several times you mentioned that the 'knock' on the NSF may indicate a worn bush... regretably again for Drury Lane this noise was due to the fact that the lock nut was left undone/lose.

***** poor result........ awaiting some reply.......

STILL WAITING!.........Anees do you think this post is dead? until this ***** poor example Drury Lane has been exemplary in there work..... this one has gone 'tit's up' do you think Drury will act on it?

Let me know what happens either way Tony, so I can edit the trusted centres section on WIM.

Ta.

Thank You Ahmet. i will give Drury Lane and Anees a few days to act on this thread then if nothing is done to resolve this for Whiteman then 'yes please' remove Drury from WIM!

My day to day work for people online is designed to help, often there is a need to address bad workmanship in the geometry area, and i fight the technical battle for the owner... very few companies are bounced back at me as a recommendation, simply because a complaint carries less emotion than an appraisal.

Drury Lane were bounced back and showed great concern for the customer, that's why i welcomed them into WIM'S 'Trusted centres' section, i even gave them the top position!, and i am deeply upset that this has had to go so far........

In the business area mistakes (WILL) happen, that's a human thing.... one day it will happen to me... but there is a need to say...

Sorry i have fcuked up and i will put it right..... not charge another £50 and it's still wrong!

When Whiteman mailed me the reports i could see there was a visible problem... i PM'd Anees and warned him that if when Whiteman comes down 100's of miles and this is poor workmanship i will 'NOT'cover the error.

Anees this is not in any way a 'pop' at you. Drury Lane until now have been exemplary and your passion is well founded.....But Whiteman has been very let down and Drury needs to do the honorable thing!

Another complaint.... emailed geomtry report..... ***** poor set-up!

FKME Drury Lane....... please get off the pot! and offer a resolve here!!!!

Anees this is your baby i have pm'd you forcasting how things would be displyed..... without reply Drury Lane will 'crash and burn'

Anees this is your baby i have pm'd you forcasting how things would be displyed..... without reply Drury Lane will 'crash and burn'

Oh deary me!!!!!!! :blink:

I think I may of started something here :whistling:

Oh deary me!!!!!!! :blink:

I think I may of started something here :whistling:

Yes!..... The right to complain.

Pay for a professional service expect nothing less, your example was particularly bad since the car was 99% recoverable so the condition could only be due to bad workmanship!..... this current complaint is not as bad but still bad for the customer.

Er..... I think I was being called?? :tomato:

Don't know how I missed this thread. Sorry Tony! :o

Just to make it clear I do not work for or have any link to Drury Lane , OTHER then as a customer like everyone else!

Tony - I have not recieved any PM's from you??? You have my email address (anees AT ntlworld DOT com) to send me any info you feel is appropriate. :D Not sure why I haven't got any PM's from you?? :unsure: Please try again if you don't mind mate.

I am suprised at Drury Lane for charging Whiteman for his recheck?? It is certainly not what I have come to expect from Paul and the garage and they are usually very good. :tsktsk:

I will email them a link to this thread and and show them how unhappy WIM are. Scratch that - I go past them tommorow on the way to work, I'll pop in and show them a print out of this thread.

I await a response (just like everyone else!)

@Whiteman - When did you first go in for the geomeotry? I am assuming Drury Lane will have dates.

And sorry again for not clocking this thread sooner. From the title I assumed it was a thread praising Dr Bones for more fantastic work. Only saw it when Gord PM'd me with 'heads up' :blush:

Just to make it clear, whenever I have had my geometry done, as a sort of peice of mind thing for myself I always post them up on LOC so that Tony can cast his eye over them. This makes me feel confident that a great job has been done (no disrespect to Drury Lane) and that WIM is keeping an eye out for my interests. The last report from Drury Lane was only a few months ago and Tony described it as "solid - a good setup."

If other customers of Drury Lane wouldn' mind, could you please post up your geomoetry report from Drury Lane? Scanning it would be ideal. Just hope Tony doesn't mind the extra work of looking at them (sorry mate!)

I am keen to see if this is just an isolated incident or if its more serious. I know that Imi's geometry was quite challenging since he was really really low. I would be interested to see his report. Don't understand the issues with Whiteman's setup since (AFAIK it's a standard IS200 setup suspension-wise)

Hope we can get some more info and get a better idea of what is going on. :duh:

My last Geometry Report (Car lowered 30mm approx on Coilovers)

geo23Nov05l.jpg

Anees, first (calm down) never was there any suggestion you work for Drury Lane.... the reason i aimed a response at you is because as you have stated you can have face to face communication with Paul.

Preempting the owners post here i did pm you (twice) warning that i cannot 'paste' this over if found to be wrong (second time as well) this was not to make you responsible (why would it) but requesting guidance.

I will not email this sort of concern since i feel it would be an invasion of privacy.

The owner and i spoke on the phone and in an attempt to dissolve the problem i phoned Paul and asked him to 'invite' the customer back....... the £50 charge was wrong.....the fact the car had done 3000 miles is irrelevant in view of the settings and the complaint.

In this thread and the other current thread reflecting geometry at Drury Lane neither were started by me.... the response by me is directed solely at the visible results nothing more.

My personal feelings is that Paul has a new operator on the geometry machine and things are not going to plan.... Desperately i want these posts to die but understand the requests by the owners must be answered however painful.

A refund of the £50 would speak volumes..... even i can put the mistakes in the geometry down to a 'learning curve' ........future relationships between LOC and Drury are very much in view now, and i for one would feel a great loss if Drury cannot offer the honorable thing.

I am just as keen to see why things have gone wrong. I will go tommorow to see them armed with this thread to show them how unhappy some LOC customers are. I hope to get some good news, this is very dissapointing.

I have sent you a PM Tony, have you got it? Can you please send me one back? I don't understand why I have not recived your PM's. I have recieved a few PM's today and they have been recieved fine. Is your PM working?

I am just as keen to see why things have gone wrong. I will go tommorow to see them armed with this thread to show them how unhappy some LOC customers are. I hope to get some good news, this is very dissapointing.

I have sent you a PM Tony, have you got it? Can you please send me one back? I don't understand why I have not recived your PM's. I have recieved a few PM's today and they have been recieved fine. Is your PM working?

I do feel very sorry for you Anees, since in the eyes of LOC you carry the conduct of Drury Lane through the passion that you deliver and this is based on nothing more than respect for Drury.

Personally i feel very upset that i needed to belittle Drury Lane, and i desparatly seek a way out for them, of all the reports i see in the UK Drury constantly hit top marks.... I am gutted but directed and motivated to deliver facts whatever the cost.

Easy repair....... £50 money back (Drury) what do you think :whistling:

so mr whiteman visited drury lane for an alignment check

they didnt do it correctly

so mr whiteman revisited so they could correct their mistake

i think a full refund would be more appropriate :whistling:

so mr whiteman visited drury lane for an alignment check

so mr whiteman revisited so they could correct their mistake

i think a full refund would be more appropriate :whistling:

Exactly my thoughts........ :whistling:

I am shocked by this recent turn of event. Myself and my team are very meticulous and do our very best for our customers.

We are extermely sorry for this turn of events. We are doing hundreds of cars every year for major bodyshops and main dealers in the area and setup lots of competition race cars which have won many races. This is the only complaint I am aware of. Not that is is acceptable, but with the amount of cars that we do, and due to human nature obviously something has gone wrong.

We would like to offer Mr White our appologies and a Full Refund. Please ring (0161 6887882) to arrange this. It was never our intention to charge Mr White for his second visit, but I will investigate what has gone wrong personally.

We consider it an honour being #1 on Tony's site. Your best interests are our main concern!

Paul

Drury Lane

due to human nature obviously something has gone wrong.

We would like to offer Mr White our appologies and a Full Refund. Please ring (0161 6887882) to arrange this. It was never our intention to charge Mr White for his second visit, but I will investigate what has gone wrong personally.

We consider it an honour being #1 on Tony's site. Your best interests are our main concern!

Paul

Drury Lane

Indeed...... Paul one day it is inevitable it will go wrong for me to.... the Human factor is our failing (no one or company) can guarantee 100% perfection..... but when things do go wrong take it on the 'chin' and mend it.

WIM this year is in the position to become very much more visible... (TV) via on car logo and url is very possible... Drury Lane holds #1 because your location and customers requirements need you as a 'Trusted centre'... so do i.

Lets lay this one to rest now... seemingly Whitman has been offered a re-fund of the £50 second adjustment i also assume his fee at STS also would be refunded? fee £? I'm not sure but i will let you know!

On a final note to all who have been reading this thread/emailing and pm'ed me......

Drury is the only company world wide that has contacted (phoned) and questioned the set-up i wrote for a Lexus.... in my eyes this meant one thing customer concern, and i respected that!

With their position in the UK and the coverage the number one position in WIM is justified.... and with the support and concern volunteering a gestured refund compliments a dynamic attitude (well done)

but I will investigate what has gone wrong personally.

Paul

Drury Lane

Tony

This part is as important, find out what went wrong and fix it.

I will, although it's unlikely the reason would ever be in the public gaz's..... understandably....

Whitman has had a poor show but the results if met in full does display honour by Drury... it would be unfair to continue belittling if the offer of a refund and an apology suggests blame and is confessed, and it has.

Drury in light of the evidence has embraced a solution without dispute... no more could be expected... i for one welcomed the result...

Time to move on methinks!

I will not continue replying in this thread since i feel it has been dealt with in total.... any more concerns/questions please pm me.