Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx Won't Fit On Drive

Damer

I'm on my second IS and always really likes the RX. Seen one at my local dealer, colour, spec and price I like too. Test drove it yesterday, really nice car, wife liked it and so did our little one, so much so she fell asleep during the test drive. The crunch came when we tried to fit it on the drive at home.

I have a parking bay at the back of the house accessed off an alley. I had the saleman try and park it as I was worried about it not fitting. Down the alley was fine, but was very tight reversing into the speace, which itself is plenty big enough. Getting it out though was a mare, a 9 point manouvere, very very tight. Problem is the width of the alley.

After serious consideration we have reluctantly decided that the RX is too big. It would be far too stressful worrying about getting in in and out each day, especially when we have to multiple journeys picking up and dropping off kids. Also wife manages to scrape her Megane on a regular basis so she would have no chance in the RX.

So the question is what else to consider? Been happy with my IS's and would like to stick with the brand, but not keen on the GS and want something apart from the new IS.

Definatley not a Bimmer as sister has M3 and M5 and I can't match that.

Any suggestions? Max price circa £26k must have 4 doors and able to carry family of 4 and fit on drive!

Just get a new driveway instead ;)

Check @ http://www.xxldriveways.com

:D

Drive was created by sacrificing garden so that is a no no.

Might realign posts in the future though.

Subaru Forester XT would do you. Quick and useful.

A mate has a forester XT...realllly ugly, but quite good to drive. His ony complaint is the amout of fuel it uses...even more than my RX300 !!1...yikes..

Just get a new driveway instead ;)

Check @ http://www.xxldriveways.com

:D

Drive was created by sacrificing garden so that is a no no.

Might realign posts in the future though.

Subaru Forester XT would do you. Quick and useful.

A mate has a forester XT...realllly ugly, but quite good to drive. His ony complaint is the amout of fuel it uses...even more than my RX300 !!1...yikes..

new Rav 4

I get the same problem with my driveway.

Every time I want a new car I have to go the main dealership and get the brochure so that I can compare the dimensions, as it can only be so wide (as I have to be able to get it between the posts), and so long (so that I can shut the gates).

The Lexus turned out to be a couple of inches too long, so I had to saw off the bar which I drive up to and bang it outwards at each end so I still had something to touch with the front wheels. :D

I get the same problem with my driveway.

Every time I want a new car I have to go the main dealership and get the brochure so that I can compare the dimensions, as it can only be so wide (as I have to be able to get it between the posts), and so long (so that I can shut the gates).

The Lexus turned out to be a couple of inches too long, so I had to saw off the bar which I drive up to and bang it outwards at each end so I still had something to touch with the front wheels. :D

It is not so much the drive it self that is fine. It is the turning arc in the alleyway, particularly as there is a brick garage opposite.

Spoke to thw dealer and said a reluctant no to the RX.

Gutted.

I want to change by Sept, when warrenty runs out and car is 3 so I have a bit of time to look and decide. thing is I am a bit of a snob so only want a "prestige" so gues my choice is gonna be limited. :tsktsk: