Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sick Altezza

socks

hi guys

need some good advice and probably loads of parts, as topic says my car is not well.

to start with its only running on 3 cylinders and is making a nasty nock.there is no warning lights or any thing on and there is no smoke. i think it is in the head some where. any one any idea what would be wrong or whats likly to be broke inside the head.

any help much appreciated

socks

i dont think its the coil packs. i tried one off another altezza and was still the same. it all happend on wednesday night, i was going up a steep hill in second gear betwen 4 and 5 thousand revs and just on the change over of the vvti it smoothly went off a cylinder. there was no warning lights on so i chanced driving home. next day i took the cover and coil packs off to find one of my plugs had blown out and smashed and burned all the bottom end of the coil pack. so got new plugs and went to fit them to find out the threads was gone. so when i sorted that out with a heli coil and got new plug in along with a good coil pack its knocking now and is still off a cylinder.

i dont think its the coil packs. i tried one off another altezza and was still the same. it all happend on wednesday night, i was going up a steep hill in second gear betwen 4 and 5 thousand revs and just on the change over of the vvti it smoothly went off a cylinder. there was no warning lights on so i chanced driving home. next day i took the cover and coil packs off to find one of my plugs had blown out and smashed and burned all the bottom end of the coil pack. so got new plugs and went to fit them to find out the threads was gone. so when i sorted that out with a heli coil and got new plug in along with a good coil pack its knocking now and is still off a cylinder.

ah, now you give the full story.

You my friend more than likely have a scored liner and broken rings...or worse, best thing to do is get the engine compression tested, and let us know the results :excl:

dont drive it anymore

Edited by Monster-Mat

i be leaving it with mechanic this week maybe he can check that and find out whats realy gone wrong.any one know where or who would be best for parts for the 3sge cause im sure i will be needing some.