Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Bulb Failure - Help Please

Nightmare weekend continues.

I installed the Prolex Aux-in Unit this weekend, all working etc. Drove home tonight and I have some dash buld failure - everything works just (fan etc) just the bulbs behind the fan (left Knob) and the A/C Temp controls (middle) are not illuminated - They work though and when you push the A/C button etc it lights up, its just the dial that doesn't.

Because everthing works I am thinking that some bulbs have blown - what do you think........

Are they easy to replace, would obviously have to remove the Head Unit again, but how easy is it to get into the control section at the top........

Anybody know what bulbs I nned to order from Lexus. If I take it there they will surely charge me the earth!!!

Any ideas??

Check out the photo to see what I mean.................

post-7571-1136751739.jpg

Yeah, looks like a bulb is blown. There is one that sits just behind the Windscreen symbol that will light the two dials that aren't lit corrently through plastic guides.

Isn't a difficult job to change - you've already have the top unit off for the aux in install - you need to unclip the back section and the bulb just twists out from underneath. You just need to get the correct bulb from somewhere.

Don't think it's caused by the aux in because it doesn't interfere with that part of the dash!

Yeah, looks like a bulb is blown. There is one that sits just behind the Windscreen symbol that will light the two dials that aren't lit corrently through plastic guides.

Isn't a difficult job to change - you've already have the top unit off for the aux in install - you need to unclip the back section and the bulb just twists out from underneath. You just need to get the correct bulb from somewhere.

Don't think it's caused by the aux in because it doesn't interfere with that part of the dash!

Thanks for that, I don't suppose anybody knows the Part No. so I can ring the big "L" do they?

I don't know why it happened really! anyhow you say that the back unclips, I don't really understand sorry.

I have replied in your thread too about the box.

Many thanks

Ah, sorry about that. It's been a while since I took mine apart and I forgot about the screws! I also had mine removed from the stereo holder when I started so didn't think about that!

Glad you found it anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links