Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing ?

Noel

Hi everyone ,

Just a quick question.....when it comes to engine servicing which is better....Toyota Dealers or Lexus Dealers, better explain my train of thought.........Toyota dealers would probably know the engine better but Lexus dealers should know the rest of the Car best.........Toyota servicing would be closest to me .....nearest Lexus Dealer is 70miles......although in some places they are all the one!....

What do you recommend.......? either way they won't have much experience with Altezzas

Thanks

Depends on what you want doing mate.

I do a lot of the servicing myself (like oild changes, cleaning my induction etc) and have other things checked whenever I have work done on the car but then mine isn't standard.

Why don't you ask your Toyota dealer to see if they are comfortable servicing your car?

I wouldnt worry who does your car Lexus/Toyota same blood line at the end of the day.Main dealer prices :crybaby: but it doesnt mean any better a job will be done,just your paying the more per hour.

Down Bristol the Lexus dealers is next to the Toyota dealers.Lexus will sell you the car(a Lexus)Toyota will sell you(a Toyota) but ALL the servicing is done Lexus/Toyota models in the one garage which is a Toyota Garage....dont know if they charge more if you was to have it booked in at Lexus rather than Toyota.

All i can say is its not cheap at over £100 per hour labour :crying:

You may find all the fitters are trained up at the same place :)

Cheers chips.

I wouldnt worry who does your car Lexus/Toyota same blood line at the end of the day.Main dealer prices :crybaby: but it doesnt mean any better a job will be done,just your paying the more per hour.

Down Bristol the Lexus dealers is next to the Toyota dealers.Lexus will sell you the car(a Lexus)Toyota will sell you(a Toyota) but ALL the servicing is done Lexus/Toyota models in the one garage which is a Toyota Garage....dont know if they charge more if you was to have it booked in at Lexus rather than Toyota.

All i can say is its not cheap at over £100 per hour labour :crying:

You may find all the fitters are trained up at the same place :)

Cheers chips.

They're not - Lexus 'technicians' are trained differently - I asked a dealer a while ago on this subject which came up before - Toyota 'technicians' are not permitted to work on Lexus cars - how this works in the real world might be a bit different.

Does that mean that "Lexus Mechanics" are not allowed to work on Toyotas then? If they have different training the Lexus training presumably will not cover Toyotas.

We are after all talking about servicing a Toyota RS200 here.