Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Internet Companies

Maz

Hi guys, can anyone recommand a good internet company for me, looking to change from Wanadoo to another,

any ideas guys? was thinking about Bulldog, but are they any good?

Hi,

I changed over from wanadoo to Tiscali broadband a couple of months ago. Have had no probs with them....

I highly recommend virgin they have no contract so if you see a deal you like ask for your mac number and change. I have been with them since they started up and just turn it off, when mad tony in number 10 sends me away for months on end, and turn it back on when i get back no penlty. WWW.virgin.net for info

I'm also considering changing my ISP.

I have been with NTL for broadband since early 2001. They have been pretty good overall, but I have had a few issues over the years with the connection just dieing every 20mins and my STB also crashing. After my thrid STB (they wouldn't give me a seperate Cable Modem because I have the TV package too) it has been fine, occasioanlly it slows, but its still good.

The reason I am considering leaving is that for £25.99/month for 2Mb its pretty expensive compared to the competition. I know that they are upgrading users on the 3Mb service to 10Mb, but their doesn't seem to be an update in the works for 2Mb customers which is why I am considering leaving.

http://www.ntlworld.com/toolsservices/tiermigration/

I cannot really justify spending £38 a month on internet fees (once upgraded to the 10Mb).

A friend of mine has just gone on Bulldog and loves it, says its fantastic. Apparently they have improved ALOT....... :o

Considering Be There Internet. 24Mb!! £24/month with (so called) Unlimited Downloads. Not in my area yet however. More info https://www.bethere.co.uk/homebroadband.do

i heard a few good things about UKOnline - but also a horror story...

Heard nothing but good from Eclipse

i went with Plus.net - not too bad, occasionally the connection drops though (connection, not line).. and i have to force a reconnection

Although NTLs customer services are sometimes a pain in the butt, their service has been fine. I have two ntl broadband accounts at home.

I have BT in my office and its naff! Costantly displays "This page cannot be displayed" which bugs the hell out of me!

i heard a few good things about UKOnline - but also a horror story...

Heard nothing but good from Eclipse

i went with Plus.net - not too bad, occasionally the connection drops though (connection, not line).. and i have to force a reconnection

I had a look at their site look pretty good, but how often does the Connection Drops? i ask as i play games online alot, and dont want this happening too often...

Regards

Maz