Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Am I Know The Clutch Need To Replace?

AristoLam

Hi all,

my aristo i thing have a problem! anyone can help me here?? the problem is while driving between 2200rmp to 2600rmp changing gear hear some noise"Wooowooo", does anyone know the greabox problem or the clutch problem?

Best Regards

Gary

Agree with Chips :) and trust me, in a automatic if the clutches in the autobox were to be replaced you would know straight away (gears slipping = bouncing off rev limiter, and constant gear changes to find correct gear).

As Chips said, it's most likely you've got a Vent to Atmosphere Blow Off Valve :).

These dump valves are meant to give you less turbo lag,mines got the standard valve which puts the boost thats not used back into the system so you dont get the sound.think it would get on my nerves are a while unless i had a louder Exhaust.My exhausts are also standard so the cars is quiet but Quick ;)

Does it sort of sound like this?

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/file/4509

just click on the Windows media icon.

Thats the sound of a Atmosphere Blow Off Valve

Each to there own at the end of the Day.

Cheers chips.

Chips: As long as you're not driving like you just stole the car, you won't even hear the BOV :). On motorway journeys though it does come into play more often when letting off the throttle even a touch.

AristoLam: If you want you can buy a stock BOV from a Supra owner and use it on your car, which will completely eliminate the noise :). A BOV just helps the spool of the Turbo in-between gears as well as to reduce lag (although not really noticeable IMHO at stock power levels).

a BOV is pointless on low/normal HP cars, there only usefull on cars with over 400+ hp

Well that really depends on if you want to hear that pttsshhhhttttttttt noise every time you lift off the gas :) :D I loved it in my supra. But to be fair as its running 474 bhp then it also has a practical effect. My aristo is probably around an about 400 but its bloomin noisy enough as it is without adding extra sound effects (exhaust makes my supe sound quiet)

a BOV is pointless on low/normal HP cars, there only usefull on cars with over 400+ hp

Well that really depends on if you want to hear that pttsshhhhttttttttt noise every time you lift off the gas :) :D I loved it in my supra. But to be fair as its running 474 bhp then it also has a practical effect. My aristo is probably around an about 400 but its bloomin noisy enough as it is without adding extra sound effects (exhaust makes my supe sound quiet)

ah sure if you want the noise...then fair play

i didnt want one on the Monster, and it ended up with one, but to be honest you never hear it untill your really pushing it anyway

Just to confuse things. If your car has an induction kit replacing the standard airbox, the BOV will often be much more audible. In my experience this is the same for many turbo cars. Mine sounds as if it has an A/M BOV, but as far as I can see its standard.

Liam