Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Equality

Claire G

On Saturday I popped into town with little 'un and got into the car park before realising the lifts had been closed due to the Fireman's strike (separate thread!).

Great, no parking spaces on the lower levels so had to park on the 7th floor. Trying to wrestle with a wriggly baby in a heavy pushchair wasn't much fun, so how relived was I to see a strapping chap following me - surely help at last?!?!

Was it 'eck. Three blokes in quick succession charged past tutting as I was holding them up. No b*gger, male or female, stopped to help. :(

Equality or rudeness :question:

Seems to be the way it is nowadays Claire.

Politeness died aroundabout the same time as Englishness :crybaby:

Didn't like to say it Mark, but I have noticed the further south you go the less polite people become, or closer to the city centre also!!

As a Northern Country Boy I have to concur that the worst manners are to be found in Cities but I would not restrict this to the South UK. I was in Paris last week and a 70+ year old biddy came walloping past me in the Restaurant at the Louvre, and tried to snatch my Hot meal out of the hands of the waitress. If that had been a bloke a bit younger I would have verbaly taken issue with the behaviour but as it was a little old lady I just shrugged it off with a smile to the waitress who seemed totally at home with the behaviour...

Not Xenaphobic at all but people everywhere seem to have less and less resepect. World is changing... Its not all bad though.... where would we be with out the Lexus Experience?

Loz

Maybe thats just a britsh Cueing thing....

Claire

Sorry, as a member of the increasingly downtrodden male gender, I can only say that your gender has brought this on yourselves.

The whole equality thing has now reached the point where women want to have your cake and eat it.

Those poor blokes were probably dying to help a woman in need but didn't want to be accused of being sexist or worse a peodophile trying to get near your kid and get a load of abuse from you. Therefore they took the easy way out and ignored you.

DB

(Boy am I in for it now !!!!!) :ohmy:

I have returned to work for a short spell doing 2 days a week . On travelling to Winchester I use the park and ride which for £1.50 inclusive is good value. I am amazed that nearly all the passengers ,and I see regular faces, thank the driver on leaving the vehicle. It appears that all is not lost although on journeying around I see a lot of 'yob' like mentality. NOT behind the wheel of a Lexus who I find the drivers to be most cordial even Alan Partridge!