Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip To Tte And Nurburgring

Zee007

So majority have already gone for Option one.

We will be leaving Wednesday from Dover to Clais.

Drive to TTE. Visit them Thursday. Nurburgring Friday (and Saturday for those who want too). Home Saturday or Sunday.

I'll start to take payments for the ferry and hotels soonish.

Ken - yes we'll probably meet you on Friday. :)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are we all planning to meet up? Sarf of London, services on the M25 or M2?

no good on the M25 as people will be approaching from both directions

best point is maidstone services on the M20

not M2 !!!!

:D

So are we going to start another thread about stuff we need before the trip....

1. Meeting location (complete)

2. Meeting time

3. Proposed route

4. Accomodation location(s)

5. Things needed for the ring (insurance? helmets? etc...)

6. Things needed for the trip (insurance?, triangles? etc...)

you get my drift :)

Hi lads! myself and a few of my mates are lookin to make the trip to da nurberg late april early may... :D

we have been lookin to organise a date but cant seem to find when the ring is open :duh: any way of finding out?? is it open on wknds only?? midweek?? just an open day where we can all drive on not interested in a track day or lessons or any **** which some german dude was trying to sell me when i rang up couldnt get any who a speak a d english :o

Any Help or info would be great :winky:

OK - I have confirmation that dates are good for Friedel. :D

I will be starting a new thread this weekend with next steps. This will include the details around bookings, times, requirements, what you need to bring etc.

Keep your eyes peeled as we'll need to move quite quickly to get the bookings done.

OK - I have confirmation that dates are good for Friedel. :D

I will be starting a new thread this weekend with next steps. This will include the details around bookings, times, requirements, what you need to bring etc.

Keep your eyes peeled as we'll need to move quite quickly to get the bookings done.

Good news Zee, cant wait now. You have put me on the list have you? :crybaby:

Have just popped this up on TOC, might help some who haven't been before-

Thing's you will need to take with you by LAW

New for this year is High Vis Vests and you MUST have 1 for every person in the car (thank's Belgium)

GB badge on your car, a numberplate with a GB logo is accepted.

Warning Triangle

First Aid Box

Fire Extinguisher

Spare Bulb Set as you will be fined if pulled over for a defective light and cannot do anything about it.

Bulb Deflectors (you will need them on as you must put your lights on if it is raining or the conditions are dark)

Documents that need to be in your car when you are driving

Passport

V5

Driving Liscense

Insurance Cert (some insurers still issue green cards so you will need to carry that if they still issue them)

Thing's That I Want You To Do

As Chris has said get a EHIC.

Get European Breakdown Cover for the Trip BUT not with the AA or RAC as they will not recover anywhere near the Ring.

Make sure your breaks & tyres are in very good condition and that your car is fit for the Ring.

When you call your insurance up in April you are going to Koblenz for Easter, tis where the Rhine and the Mosel meets don't you know :winky:

For those that tinker with their cars you'll all know what tool's you use the most so bring them just incase.

If you have a towrope bring it as you are more than likely to be around another member out on track so if you have a off you can have a quick hook up an off as you don't want to be paying for armco and a tow.

Drive safely and well within your limits, if you cannot see the next corner or track infront due to a crest it will more than likely turn out to be turning the way you wouldn't expect it so slow down. Last year we had nothing worse than a few knackered brakes and a clutch on it's way out so the same attititude again please peeps ;)

Port to hotel driving and vice versa, don't speed peeps as the fines are huge so stay in convoy please. Also at the ring if you are going to the garage for fuel don't speed down the road as the police last year were hiding behind the parked cars with the laser gun.

If i think of owt else i'd add it on in a seperate post and just think in 7 week's time we will be on our way back :blink:

Have just popped this up on TOC, might help some who haven't been before-

Thing's you will need to take with you by LAW

New for this year is High Vis Vests and you MUST have 1 for every person in the car (thank's Belgium)

As Chris has said get a EHIC.

Do we know what class of hi-vi is required?

EN 471, Class 1.

EN 471, Class 2.

EN 471 Class 3.

Yellow / Orange / yellow&red ?

http://www.hivis.net/en471.html might be useful (group buy anyone :lol:)

I personally wouldnt venture on to a hard shoulder with anything less than Class 3 with matching dancing pants! :lol: .

EHIC ?

:)

*EDIT*

ON just had a quick nose around on the net...

http://www.theaa.com/staticdocs/pdf/allabo...y_equipment.doc

and also from another site they show a class 1 vest for the hi-vi requirement, personaly I would want as much reflecting stuff on my if I were in such a situation, I would strongly recommend a class 3... up to you :)