Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Matt, I've Got A Toy You Know All About!

brn7y

Matt,

Got hold of a J plate 220GTi for winter. Remember you had a GTi

It's got all the kit 16's, lowerd 60mm, backbox, filter and Icon.

Needs a bit of paint but it goos like *****!

What do I have to watch out for?

bloomin good cars mate.......

i will post later things to look out for.......off down the garage now to do another accident repair on a jaguar

go a full stainless steel exhaust for sale for one...and de-cat and also the old bumpere from mine...the rear one with the numberplate in the bottom...(max power car)

dunno for cost.....make me a decent offer

the rear bumper you know from the magazine article

the exhaust is a 3" ss mongoose system 2 box for a turbo

ok...things to look for ....and do....

keep the rear arches clean,dont let dirt build up in the lip,especially at the bottom by the sill

check the sump and rocker cover for oil leaks,the rocker cover is prone to leaks

no crunching in gears....good sign

no smoke from rear on acceleration...good sign

keep an eye on front wheel tracking on lowered cars,if done right tracking should be perfect ....for ever

check if water seeps in around rear lights..check wheel well

fuel guages can stick....not a problem(easily fixed)

only real rust trap is the front crossmember,where the tie bars run into it...a wire brush and some hammerite sort it long term

use the handbrake......if left to long the caliper can sieze....but there easy to free off,but are not rebuildable

front calipers can sieze aswell....but i have spares(front and rear)

if it still uses factory discs......BIN THEM,they warp to easily

generally the cars are well built....and if kept clean,washed and looked after last for ages,do reguler oil....and coolant changes,.......infact get the oil/filter coolant and gearbox oil changed asap.....best bet...

electric windows can go stiff...they only need re-greasing,same goes for the door hinges,and perticular the boot hinges!!

ensure it has a good Battery on it the MEMS system doesnt like weak batteries,as the system drains 2v at standstill,and requires 5 v for initiial power up..if the Battery is crap,you will drain to much on start up,and MEMS will not activate

MEMS= main engine management system

sometimes there can be an issue with throtle sensors,but very rare...i have spare

if you can however,try and get a friendly rover garage to do a diognostic....just for piece of mind.....MEMS can run for years in "get you home mode" without the owner ever knowing.......when its deactivated the cars a dam sight quicker

enjoy.......im a big fan of the 90-95 rover 200.....