Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just A Quite Drive

Bazza

just another day in the life of......A British servicemen. Thats why we use Land-Rover Vehicles, Thats the Main road into Basra from the port, that journey is done many times a day

thats why the speeds are in excess of 60-70mph, so that if a bomb goes off the vehicle will still roll far enough to be able to regain your composure, and hopefully........carry on

they were lucky there in that the response to the first rover passing was hasty, and as a result the detonation happened infront of the following vehickle

i think the vidro was shot from within a Snatch rover like the first....which is slightly armoured

Edited by Monster-Mat

reminds me of when someone through a coke can at my old lex windscreen off a bridge

shocking video.. scarey for them

hmm steve, i can assure you its not like having a coke can thrown at your windscreen.

the initial reaction is to stop.....but its an ambush, you have to keep moving, its hard when you have more than likely have lost the tyres on one side, are suffering concusion and fragment splinter wounds.

but you know theres a good story to tell when you get back to the palace.....

Edited by Monster-Mat

I know it sounds a bit glib, but it's what you sign up for. The easy life is not an option in the services when the Govt decides to go to war.

I have a mate who was in 2 Para and went off to the Falklands, nutter when he left changed man whan he came back. Freeze your arse off day for 3 days and nights over moors, keeping under cover, to get to Goose Green, lay up then the Fn BBC announce on the World Service that they are there and are going to attack in the morning!

Anyway thoughts with the guys out there

I know it sounds a bit glib, but it's what you sign up for. The easy life is not an option in the services when the Govt decides to go to war.

i am not moaning, ive never moaned about my job.and what i do, when it comes to the crunch.

and i ask unless you have been Military that you dont assume why people sign up, or the experiances that people have to put up with.

You dont sign up to fight against cowards who hide behind civilian clothing in houses with women and children and run around in the shadows....when i signed up, the russians were the enemy, you belive in doing your job, but your job isnt to spend all day protecting civilians from there own people who have an agenda

I have a mate who was in 2 Para and went off to the Falklands, nutter when he left changed man whan he came back. Freeze your arse off day for 3 days and nights over moors, keeping under cover, to get to Goose Green, lay up then the Fn BBC announce on the World Service that they are there and are going to attack in the morning!

thats what you sign up for, to fight a real enemy

You dont sign up to fight against cowards who hide behind civilian clothing in houses with women and children and run around in the shadows....when i signed up, the russians were the enemy, you belive in doing your job, but your job isnt to spend all day protecting civilians from there own people who have an agenda

My sentiments exactly,

(and from the sound on the clip, whoever threw it sounds like they got battered from that gpmg on the roof)

(everyone that comes under fire in any shape or form changes from the expereince in one way or another)

It wasn't UK servicemen in a landy it was a US PrivateSecurityCompany. There is a bigger video I think I saw on www.arsse.co.uk that shows the before and after the ambush and it wasn't squaddies ( unless we are so undersupplied we are using US kit etc and into black tshirts etc

well if there a US security firm, i know when i was out there, we didnt give convoy cover to Private firms so why are they following a V8 Snatch Rover

and on the observation discussions while traveling , there speaking in Uk english one with a northen accent when shouting...why are they shouting..all .in English

if there wearing Civilian clothes, Special Ops dont usually wear uniform, however saying that all the Royal Tank Regiment uniforms are black

and the gunfire, id definatly say 5.56 and sound very much like SA80...

will go check arrse out though

Nope couldnt find anything on arrse....

Edited by Monster-Mat