Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Closure Unit

Kazi

Just received an Auto Closure Unit from Jasper, many thanks. Having a quick look through the instructions.......theres a lot more to it than I thought!! So for you peeps who have fitted theres, any tips or problems you had?

Also, where did you stick the little black box?

Any help appreciated :blush:

Cheers,

Kaz.

I just fitted the Prolex Auto Mirror & Sunroof closure system and found the instructions really clear and pretty fool proof. I only used the Scotch-Lock connectors that came with the kit, although soldering the joins looks a lot smarter.

Problems? Well only a couple of very minor ones to watch out for. First is connecting the unit Live to the thick WHITE live of the Lex (if using Scotch-Lock). The wire from the unit is thin, the Lex wire in the loom is thick, this caused a problem using the Scotch-Lock provided because it is for 2 thick wires. I had to double over the unit thin wire to get a good contact in the Scotch-Lock..........However, you can get a Scotch-Lock connector made for this kind of join eg 1 side of the Scoth-Lock is for the thick wire and the other side is for thin wire, solves the issue no problem.

The other minor thing was getting the feed up into the roof lining and across to the sunroof switch. There is a wire provided to assist as a guide, but try as I could I couldn't get the bugger to pop out the other end by the sunroof switch. Again this is easily over come by using a wire coat hanger (opened out) and GENTLY using this by taping the feed wires to it and easing it towards the sunroof switch........DON'T FORCE IT!!

The control unit I just tucked away behind the main wiring loom which holds it very securely..........took me about an hour from start to finish and is an excellent mod :) Hope this helps.

Keith

Spot on, many thanks for that. All in all then, just a good bit of patience is required! Think I could manage that :D

Once again, many thanks. Think I may tackle this on Sunday/Monday.

Spot on, many thanks for that. All in all then, just a good bit of patience is required! Think I could manage that :D

Easy to fit mate. You shouldn't have any problems :D

Easy to fit mate. You shouldn't have any problems :D

Yeah, you but you live for the electric currents!! :lol:

Make sure you got something comfy to rest your knees on as you'll be getting well into the depths of the footwell where the spiders lie...

D. :rolleyes:

Makes a change as there normally in the friggin wing mirrors!!

To help get the wire to the sunroof switch, carefully remove the beading trim holding the roof material to the roof near the drivers side on the sun roof. You can then get you hand inside and take teh cable from the entry near the side air bag to the sun roof switch. :)