Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Start Up Revs On The New Is 250 Se

Hi every one I wounder if you can help. My new IS 250 SE starts fine but runs at 1500 revs for quite some time before dropping down to a steady 700 rpm. I note it is still at 1500 even though the water temp is climbing can other owners tell me if this is the norm.

Hi every one I wounder if you can help. My new IS 250 SE starts fine but runs at 1500 revs for quite some time before dropping down to a steady 700 rpm. I note it is still at 1500 even though the water temp is climbing can other owners tell me if this is the norm.

My Auto SEL cold starts @1500rpm & is c. 800rpm after simply reversing out of my garage.

Terry.

Thanks I agree it is the Auto Choke I am just interested to know if the length of time it stays on is normal and what the other owners experiences are.

Well, the length of time would surley be indicated by how cold it is ?

Thanks I agree it is the Auto Choke I am just interested to know if the length of time it stays on is normal and what the other owners experiences are.

Well, the length of time would surley be indicated by how cold it is ?

I agree I agree but following the initial morning start it takes different times depending how cold it is for

the temp guage to start to rise but the choke and high running is still on.

I just think that the auto choke is just very slow to work but does get there all of a sudden, but thank you

for your posts I am very grateful :lol: :D

Remember its a 2.5 enginge and so takes longer to warm up

To all of you that replied thank you, as the weather does get milder I will look for an improvement in response time I have found as always your comments very helpful :driving:

My 250 SE-L auto is like Terry Shands. 1500revs to start with but by the time I have reversed out of the garage its down to about 800.

So there's the answer - a hidden clue...

If you park in the garage, front of IS250 facing the back wall...where there is no cold wind...the ambient temperature is a tad higher...the auto choke is hardly needed...

Then you reverse out of the garage... :winky:

:whistling:

Katyanna3 - don't say you park in a garage and that your choke still stays on longer...

PS - and your wiper blades last ages, car stays cleaner, etc!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links