Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Hipermax Rs Coilovers

Mr Morse

I've just had a set of the all new HKS Hipermax RS coilovers fitted :D

HKS Hipermax RS

I'm a very happy chappie ;)

The adjustable dampening is set to the initial setting (30% stiffness) and the ride is simply superb, firm without being uncomfortable, handling is totally solid and very responsive indeed.

And an added bonus........no knocking, tappinq, squeaking

SILENCE :lol:

Had them fitted by UPAuto, who are currently undertaking a Soarer GT-T 500bhp conversion!

UPAuto

Sounds ace Mike. Were you happy with the facilities and service offered by UPAuto?

I thought that UP offered an excellent service! I'd have every confidence in taking my car there for servicing, at a fraction of Lexus' rates. :D

They are official distributors for HKS, K&N, TRD and many others and can offer a full performance tuning service.

Tony lives just 5 mins away from me and owns a Skyline, GT-4 and a Scooby among several others.

How about someone contacting them regarding Gold discount?

Sounds good.

Is there alot of adjustment for going low? My Apexis have started knocking too, but thats since i took out the ICE and raised it on 17s, was fine on the 19s with weight.

Sounds good.

Is there alot of adjustment for going low? My Apexis have started knocking too, but thats since i took out the ICE and raised it on 17s, was fine on the 19s with weight.

No too much adjustment needed. I've gone very slightly higher at the back (-75mm) and the front is the same as before at -55mm.

To get this setup we needed to wind back the rears another 42mm and the front another 11mm from the stock HKS settings.

I've also turned the adjustable dampening up to the stiffest setting just to see how it compares (this is done using an allen key type dial)

Adjusted the dampening to maximum stiffness earlier and took the gal out for a blast around some twisty South Nottinghamshire lanes......

The handling is :tsktsk: awesome!

Hard as nails, virtually no roll, solid and totally responsive. It's like I'm driving a different car :D

It'll be too hard for a long drive, but it's just so easy to change the settings :)

whats the difference between the RS and the Hipermax?

They are Hipermax.........Hipermax RS

The blurb on the website quotes "global product" and "12 months track testing" etc etc

Anyway, the mutt's nuts :D

ah, yes the Hipermax are great, had them for a few years now, was confused by you only saying RS :)

ahha im very silly..i see the title says Hipermax :blush:

and another edit, actually mine are Hipermax II.... :duh:

well there HKS so alls good, make sure you keep washing any salt or crap of the threads, but that goes for any Coilovers really

Edited by Monster-Mat

whats the difference between the RS and the Hipermax?

They are Hipermax.........Hipermax RS

The blurb on the website quotes "global product" and "12 months track testing" etc etc

Anyway, the mutt's nuts :D

ah, yes the Hipermax are great, had them for a few years now, was confused by you only saying RS :)

ahha im very silly..i see the title says Hipermax :blush:

and another edit, actually mine are Hipermax II.... :duh:

well there HKS so alls good, make sure you keep washing any salt or crap of the threads, but that goes for any Coilovers really

good idea to wrap insulation tape round the threads

dont try and grease or oil them, as it will atttract even more crap on them