Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Defi Hud Display

jens ( redneck) had something very similar - but i didnt like the fact u had to stick a reflector to the windscreen so the image can be seen and on the defi page the simulated display is about the correct size, so a bit small.

not sure how it does in the sun either

jens ( redneck) had something very similar - but i didnt like the fact u had to stick a reflector to the windscreen so the image can be seen and on the defi page the simulated display is about the correct size, so a bit small.

not sure how it does in the sun either

I think these are no longer available to buy. A guy over on mk4supra forum has some in stock in hong kong still but they aren't gonna hang around for ever. I'm considering one as I can't afford to look down at my revcounter with my cars performance and jittery nature.

I had the old version on my last car.

It's not the most elegant install, but you get used to it. The reflector is just a small square of window tint film - I think you can get by without it, but it makes it easier to see in bright sunlight, and prevents double images from the lamiante in the glass. No problems with MOT.

I found it to be really good once I got used to it - my version only had speed & revs, but it definately helps to keep your eyes on the road.

Ian

they are available (as much as needed)... but they dont come cheap btw.

Also, there is a condition that you must be running the BF control unit. If you are running non BF Defi gauges, that means you will need to buy a control unit, then the HUD kit. Once you install the control unit, you will then have to change your original non BF defi gauges to BF ones.

Suffice it to say ... Owen might be getting some ideas after seeing this thread ... LOL.