Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swiss Bank Accounts

And why must it be a Swiss bank account?

There are many offshore accounts available - Channel Islands, Isle of Man etc where current accounts are available in several currencies.

I use Nationwide International, based in IOM who require a minimum deposit of $1,000

And why must it be a Swiss bank account?

There are many offshore accounts available - Channel Islands, Isle of Man etc where current accounts are available in several currencies.

I use Nationwide International, based in IOM who require a minimum deposit of $1,000

Doesnt have to be swiss, it's just the first thing that popped into my mind :)

I'll check out Nationwide International, thanks :)

As Mike says, there are lots available. Have a scout around on the net or ask your FA who should be able to give you a steer. The majority require a minimum of between 1,000 and 50,000 upfront. There are usually plenty of clauses around access to money too. So read the small print carefully!

all depends what you want to gain- expect on average 1 - 1.5 % intrest as a maximum figure.

anyone can open a swiss account but the initial figures vary, as someone working there it is just a few francs, and there is a charge for account keeping depending on the amount you have in your account.

As a non resident it is also quite easy but the initial figures are quite large.

More details from UBS.com, credit suisse, BKB, etc

BUT also be aware that if you as an EU citizen have an account in a "tax haven" ranging from Jersey, west indies, switzerland etc then you either have to allow the bank to pass details to the EU taxman OR you have to pay 15% of any profits on that account to the taxman, rising to 20% in july 2011 and afterwards it is a huge 30%!!!

Would be cool to see which dodgy individuals checked this thread out when it read 'Swiss accounts' lol!! :whistling:

...hold on that includes me, oh no lol!! :blush:

I like your response Nick. Maybe you should use your pennies to add to the manifold off Jasper :D instead of thinking of international accounts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links